Chapter 2

Even though he wasn't use to apparating, Carlisle managed to remain on his feet when they landed in Albus' office. He knew that Harry despised magical transportation, said it made him want to vomit, but because he was a vampire, it didn't bother him.

"Carlisle, please take a seat," Dumbledore ordered, pointing to a comfortable leather chair across from his desk.

"No," Carlisle snarled. "No more talking. Take me to my son now before I turn this god damn school inside out looking for him."

Dumbledore sadly shook his head. "Please, Carlisle, I need to explain what happened these last few years before you see him."

Carlisle took a deep unneeded breath in an effort to control his anger. Pinning his old friend with a dirty look, he turned on his heels and stormed out of the room. If the insufferable old man wasn't going to come right out and tell him where his son was, then he would just have to find Harry on his own. It wouldn't be easy, not in a school filled with thousands of other scents, but he would search every inch of the castle if he had to. He was too pissed to play Albus' games, he just wanted to find his son and beg for his forgiveness.

In his rage, he barreled down the spiral staircase and slammed into a tall man with black, greasy looking hair. From the large hook nose he sported, he knew immediately that this had to be Professor Severus Snape. For days after he returned home from school, Harry would rant about the man, swearing that he had it out for him for some reason. It wasn't like his son to talk bad about people, not that he really had anything bad to say about the man. He was more frustrated and upset that his teacher hated him so much for no reason.

Tilting his head back with his nostrils flared, Carlisle picked up the scent of his son on dark and sour looking wizard.. It had been years since he smelled his sweet boy and he was tempted to bury his nose in the man's robes. "Where's my son?" He growled lowly. "I can smell him on you."

Raising a single eyebrow, Professor Snape was getting ready to snap at the stranger when Professor Dumbledore stepped out from behind the gargoyle statue.

"Carlisle, I insist that you return to my office right this minute," Dumbledore barked in irritation. He didn't like it when people ignored him.

Growling, Carlisle slowly to turned to face Albus, his control slipping. "Take me to my son!" he hissed between tightly clenched teeth.

"Excuse me, Dr. Cullen I presume?" Severus asked silkily. Harry had spoken a lot about the man that he considered his father so he had recognized his name.

Rudely turning his back on Albus, Carlisle nodded his head.

Severus incline his head. "Professor Severus Snape, your son's Potions teacher. If you follow me, I can take you to your son."

Albus stepped forward, reaching out to grab Carlisle's arm. "Severus, I must insist that Dr. Cullen return to my office for explanations before going to the hospital wing."

Carlisle felt his hear plummet. Why was his son in the hospital wing? Was it serious? He couldn't lose him again after finally getting him back.

"Don't you think that you have done enough damage, old man?" Severus sneered. "After everything Harry has suffered because of you, he deserves to have his father with him." Nodding to Carlisle, he turned and started walking briskly down the hall heading towards the hospital wing.