chapter 36

" How bad is it back home?" asked Severus. The twins had just returned from the Burrow with news.

" It's bad!" said George. " Everyone is freaking out saying that there was no way that Dumbledore could have been evil."

The news of Dumbledore's actions had rocked the wizarding world. Dumbledore was their hero, there was no way he could be responsible for those atrocious actions.

" Fudge is demanding that Harry come back. He thinks that Harry is becoming the next dark lord." added Fred. " He is blaming everything on Harry."

" What the hell, Fudge never even liked Dumbledore." Severus was pissed. There was no way he was going to let anyone take his son back.

" Ya, but he has always hated me more." said Harry, entering the room. He was trying not to show how upset he was. He never wanted to step foot back in England. He planned on never stepping foot out of the house.

" Harry, its going to be ok." said Carlisle, giving his son a hug. He was so happy that Harry was letting some people hug him again.

" I don't want to go back." He whispered. " They will put me in Azkaban." Harry was clinging to Carlisle.

" Where are they getting the idea that Harry is going dark?" Severus wished they could have hid this from Harry. He was doing so good in his recovery. It had only been a week since Dumbledore was killed, but already Harry was becoming a new person. He was starting to relax, and joke around. He was sleeping a bit better, and was starting to accept small touches. He still refused to go outside, but he could see the longing on his face when he looked out the window.

" They still don't know how Harry killed Voldemort and his followers. They said he used some kind of dark ritual." George looked to his brother, biting his lip.

" What aren't you telling us?" demanded Severus.

Fred ran his fingers through his hair, giving Harry an apologetic look. " It's Hermione. She is telling everyone that she caught you a few times looking through some dark arts books in the Black Library. She told Fudge about your connection with Voldemort, and about being a parselmouth."

" I don't understand. Why would she do that? I know the last few years we hadn't been close but we weren't fighting or anything." Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing. Him and Hermione had grown apart but they still talked to each other civilly. Dumbledore was the one that forced them apart. He didn't let him have contact with many people, other then himself and Ron. The only reason he got close to Draco was because his father kept giving him detentions.

" Fudge offered her a job high up in the ministry if she spilled everything she knew about you. Hermione was always motivated, would do anything to prove herself. We know she is making half of the shit up." said George.

" There are a lot of people on your side Harry. Neville has spoken out the most in your defense. Since getting his parents back he has come out of his shell even more." explained George.

Fred really didn't want to relay the next bit of news. " Hermione, is telling everyone that the reappearance of those thought dead, and the Longbottoms was a result of Harry performing extreme black magic."

" Son of a ..." roared Severus. Couldn't his family just be left the hell alone?

Harry collapsed on to the couch, shocked. How could Hermione do that to him. His mates were gathered around him, trying to comfort him.