chapter 5

How could someone dictate another's life in such a way. You can't force love, no matter how desperately you want to love that person. Carlisle knew that Ron Weasley had been Harry's best friend since their first year ride on the Hogwarts Express, but Harry never showed any signs of having those kinds of feelings for him. Harry wouldn't be happy married to the youngest Weasley boy.

With a sigh, Carlisle turned to Severus feeling numb. It was crazy how fast his life had been turned upside down. At least he had his son back though, that was something he had been dreaming about for four years. "I may be a doctor, but I know that potions will be better for him and heal him faster. Can you please get me what he needs and a script on how and when I am to administer them?"

"If you don't mind, Carlisle, I too would like to accompany you back to your home. I would like to continue treating Harry and help in anyway that I can. Not only am I a Potions Master, but I'm also a trained Medi-Wizard. I have spent a lot of time and effort keeping that boy alive since he stepped foot in this castle, I would like to see him through this."

"I'm actually relieved that you have offered your assistance," Carlisle said. "I only want what's best for my son, and magical healing will be the best. You also know what he as been through and what he's like. It's been four years since I last laid eyes on my son, Severus, I don't know this Harry." It killed him saying that, he loved Harry as if he was his own flesh and blood.

"Don't you have to remain here teaching?" Carlisle added thoughtfully.

Severus curled his lip up in a sneer. "The only reason that I continued teaching these ungrateful little brats and putting up with that old fool is because I made a vow to Lily that I would do everything within my power to protect her son. School is letting out early for summer break to celebrate the Dark Lord's downfall, and I handed my resignation in early this money. Albus isn't happy that I won't be returning in the fall, but the older bearded goat can kiss my hairy ass."

"Then you are more than welcome to stay in my home and help with Harry's recovery. I have a feeling that we will be needing all that help that we can get," Carlisle said sadly. He wished that there was a miracle way to take away Harry's pain and fear, but it was going to take a lot of time and patience. He just wanted to see his little boy's smile again.

"Thank you," Severus said sincerely. "I will go and pack my bags and gather what potions he will be needing."

Grinning, Carlisle watched as Severus black robes billowed out from behind him as he swept from the room. Harry use to say that the man reminded him of a giant bat, and now he could understand why. He still didn't understand how their relationship had changed so drastically, but he was grateful for the man's help.

Walking back to his son, Carlisle leaned in and whispered into his ear. "It's alright, child, I'm here now. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me, but I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere. We love you so much Harry, and there's nothing that we won't do for you."

"That's my fiancé that your touching, you filthy dark creature. Get your hands off of him before I hex you to hell and back."

Growling lowly, Carlisle slowly stood up. He was getting damn tired of people insulting him. He was at the end of his patience and close to ripping some heads off. "I take it you're Ronald Weasley?" He asked dangerously, glaring at the tall, muscular red head that was covered in an abnormal amount of freckles. Didn't the little shit know that he could have his wand away from him and his throat ripped out before he could even register what was going on?