chapter 6

Carlisle groaned when the swirling stopped and the portkey deposited him on the ground. Never before had he been so happy to be a vampire. If he had been human, he would be on his knees right now puking his brains out. Portkeying was ten times worse than apparition. Luckily he had managed to stay on his feet and not drop his precious cargo. He remembered when his son had wrote home after the Quidditch World Cup describing in gory detail how horrible portkey use was. At the time he had laughed thinking he was over exaggerating, but now he swore to never doubt his son again.

"Draco!" Severus growled, when his godson pushed him away and viciously attacked a tree, tearing it up by it's roots.

Carlisle was impressed, he didn't know elves were so strong. He moved with such grace and speed that he could easily be mistaken for a vampire...if it wasn't for the pointy ears and giant white wings.

"I'm going to kill him!" Draco screamed in rage. "I'm going to kill him then bring him back to life so I can kill him all over again."

"Pull yourself together, Draco." Severus sighed. "You are in the middle of the woods in Forks Washington showing your full Elven attributes. We can't risk a muggle seeing you."

Carlisle could feel the boy's magic crackling in the air and he was worried that it would attract the wolves. They weren't too far from the border, closer to the boarder than to his home. The last thing he needed right now was to deal with Sam and his pack. He just wanted to get his son home and settled.

Draco spun on his godfather, wings flared out behind him. "Did you hear that fucker, Sev? Did you hear what he's going to make Harry do to him? Why didn't you just let me kill him?

"Killing him would have landed you in Azkaban?" Severus said, getting frustrated with his godson. "Weasley isn't worth it."

"No, but Harry is," Draco shot back. "I swear on my magic that I will kill him before I allow him to lay a finger on Harry. After I kill the weasel, I'm then going to kill Dumbledore. I'm going wrap that disgusting beard around his decrepit old neck till the twinkle in his eyes goes out forever."

"Draco, I'm warning you now, if you don't pull yourself together, I'm going to stun you and leave on the forest floor for the bugs and critters to feast on. You're a Malfoy, act like it." Severus snapped, wand pointed at his godson.

Wings drooping, Draco lowered his head. "I apologize for my atrocious behavior, Sev. This bond is driving me crazy. I can't control my emotions when it comes to Harry, especially when Weasley is around." Slowly he started to pull his elven attributes in until he looked like a normal human again.

"We really need to get a move on." Carlisle said, heading in the direction of his house. It was a pretty good walk from where they were at and he couldn't run because Severus and Draco didn't know the way and they probably weren't as fast as him. "I want to check Harry over to make sure that the portkey didn't damage any of his injuries."

As he walked, Carlisle couldn't help but worry over how the family would react when they saw that Harry was back. Everyone had been hurt deeply when Harry stopped writing and they were bound to lash out first before listening to explanations. He hoped that Alice had a vision of what was going on, but her gift rarely worked around heavy magic like Hogwarts. If it had, they would have known what was happening to Harry and rushed to help him...Albus be damned.