chapter 23

" I don't get it, what's so funny?" asked Bella.

" Dont worry about Bells, inside joke. I'm going in, I want to see if Harry is awake and up to talking." Jacob couldn't wait to see Harry, the few hours he had been gone felt more like months.

Draco and Severus followed Jacob into the house. They had a lot to discuss and it was time to let Harry in on some of what was going on.

" Who's Harry Edward?" asked Bella.

" Harry is my brother; he came back a few days ago. He has some problems and he needs our help." Edward started walking towards the house. " Look Bella, I really don't have time right now. If I can I will come by your house tonight."

" Wait, Edward you can't just walk away like this. Can't I meet your brother? Why haven't you ever mentioned him before?" Bella was following Edward into the house.

Edward never answered Bella because upon entering the house he saw Harry laying on the couch with Draco sitting at his feet, and Jacob sitting on the floor by Harry's head. When Harry's eyes turned to him, Edward felt like he had been punched in the gut. At that moment a plane could have crashed in the backyard, and he wouldn't have noticed.

" Harry!" Edward whispered. Without thought his feet carried him to Harry. This was his mate, Harry was his mate. It never felt like this with Bella. Bella made him feel hungry, starved, but Harry made him feel complete.

Seeing Edward made Harry nervous. He was waiting for Edward to call him names and tell him how disgusting he was. Harry started to tremble and he lowered his eyes from Edward's gaze.

Edward took a seat on the coffee table next to the couch Harry was on. " Harry look at me."

Slowly Harry raised his eyes to Edwards. Edward couldn't help but suck his breath in. He was beautiful,,,,no stunning. He never wanted to stop looking into those eyes.

" Don't be ashamed Harry. I love you know matter what happened." Edward had picked up on Rosalie's thoughts informing him of the conversation she had with Harry earlier. He could hit himself for making Harry believe that he was disgusted with him.

" M,,,s-s-sorry." stuttered Harry with tear filling his eyes.

" No, don't you dare. You have nothing to be sorry for. Look at you down here with everyone. I'm so proud of you." grinned Edward.

" M-m-issed,,,you." Harry held a shaking hand out to Edward.

Slowly while looking Harry in the eye, Edward took his Hand. " You have no idea how much I missed you Harry. Your back now though, and I'm not going to let anyone take you away or hurt you."

" Edward, what's going on? What's wrong with your brother?" asked Bella. Bella had followed Edward into the living room and was confused over everything she saw. What was wrong with the boy? Why was Jacob sitting with him? What was so special about Harry that everyone was dropping everything for him?

Edward started to growl. This was his mate and he didn't want that human near his mate. Finally after so long alone he had his mate, and he wasn't going to allow anyone to take him away.

" Shit, his eyes are turning black" Jacob jumped up and got between Edward and Bella. " Bella you really need to leave,,, now."