chapter 20

Severus entered the kitchen late that night carrying a couple of thick books. He was exhausted but his over active mind wouldn't let him rest.

" Severus, are you alright?" asked a kind Esme. " You should really be sleeping. Can I get you something to eat or drink?"

Severus looked to the warm and caring vampire. He found it amazing that someone whom the world would consider a monster or dark creature was the most considerate and loving person he has ever met. Molly Weasley tries to act the part but only for her or her family's own gain. Even then if they cross her or she doesn't get her own way, she turns into a screaming banshee. She is always yelling and belittling the twins, and her 2 oldest moved as far as they could right after graduation. Even Percy abandoned the family at the first chance he could get. There were so many times during order meetings that he wanted to hex her tongue down her throat till she choked to death on it. He actually created a spell just for that; just for her.

" If it isn't to much trouble I would appreciate something to eat and some coffee please."

" Not a problem Severus. I love to cook, but since Harry left I haven't gotten much of a chance. Bella is such a picky eater. Won't coffee keep you awake though?"

Yes, Harry was truly lucky to have been raised by this family for over 7 years.

" Hmmmm, yes it will, but that is the plan." Severus started flipping through his books. " I was finally able to scan Harry's throat. He has extensive scarring and some paralyses of the vocal cords, but I'm concerned it is a spell or potion that is causing him to have trouble with his speech. It took some convincing to get him to try to talk and it was pretty bad. I would think if it was just all vocal cord damage then he would also have issues with breathing, which he does not."

" That poor boy has suffered so much. Will he ever get a chance at happiness?" asked Esme.

" I'm going to do everything in my power to see that he does." Severus pushed the book aside to accept the sandwich Esme made.

" Severus, if you don't mind, can I ask a personnel question?"

" You can ask but I make no promises that I will answer." He said with a cheeky grin.

Esme gave him a beautiful smile in return. " Well, it's just that Draco said your a dark elf and that elves stop aging at 21. Not to offend you, but you look a bit over 21."

" I use a glamour to hide my true self. If I was my true self then those hopeless dunderheads I taught would have never have respected and feared me. Potions is an extremely dangerous subject, and I'm proud to say that I'm the only potions teacher in Hogwarts history to have never lost a student. I may not like the incompetent idiots but I have no wish for them to get hurt or die."

Taking a deep breath, Severus waved his wand over his body. Esme's jaw dropped in shock. Sitting where Severus had been was a tall, stunningly handsome man with slick, straight black hair that came down to the middle of his back, his eyes were still black but had flecks of what looked like pale green, he had lean muscles, his nose was no longer big and crooked; he looked like a character out of a fantasy movie.

" WHOA!" exclaimed Emmett walking into the kitchen. " Can you do me next? Rosie has always had a thing for Legolas."

Esme couldn't help but to laugh. " Where is Rosalie?" she asked.