Chapter 8

Marie's position

                      It's been a week since Aaron left for basic training and my sickness has come and gone but it isn't getting any worse so only me, Micheal, and my mom know. I have been having more back pain ever since that day. I have had back pain all my life, but not this bad. I have thought about going to the doctor, but I hate hospitals and doctors and stuff. I have been able to do whatever need to do and when the pain gets in the way I will go to a doctor. The rehearsals for Mamma Mia are going really well. We did the first walk through, in the most recent rehearsal. Micheal and I pulled up to the school for our first dance number rehearsal. 

                      We got our first break after learning the first half of the number. I sat down and I instantly started to fell sick. My hearing started to fade, my vision went blurry and my entire body seemed to go numb. I heard very little, but what I could hear was Micheal telling people to get water and to give me space. I then felt Micheal set my head in his lap. He grabbed my hand and started to stroke my hair. I tried my best to relax, but all of my body was just tensing up entirely. I stayed like that for awhile. My senses finally returned and my body came back into my control. I opened my eyes and there was Micheal, gazing into my eyes. "Let's get you home." He said in a soft tone. I nodded my head in agreement. Micheal managed to get me to his truck and took me home. I did exactly what I did that last time this happened. I eat some light food and took a long nap. 

Aaron's position

                        It's been only a week and I miss Marie so much. I haven't been able to talk to her since I arrived and I crave to hear her voice. I have been able to make a couple of friends though. A couple guys I bunk with and I have become somewhat decent friends. The guy who sleeps on the bunk below me is by far my best friend here. His name is Carson. He looks pretty similar to me except he is way more buff, and has and extremely strong jaw line compared to my medium jaw line. And he didn't wear glasses. We had a lot in common, and we both agreed that once our time was up we were not coming back. I hated being here. It is so lonely. The only thing keeping me here is that I am serving my country. And that by itself is a great honor. I was going to try to call Marie the other day but I got an email from Vanessa. She said that Marie had found a boyfriend. The guy named Micheal in our grade has seemed to charm her. I remember I saw him when I went to tell Marie that I was leaving earlier than we all thought. 

                         Vanessa also forwarded me the cast list for the summer musical. Marie is perfect for the part of Donna. And that Micheal guy plays Sam. They kiss in one of the final scene. I'm just gonna have to get over it I guess. I need to get off Marie. I need to move on, so I won't be hurt when she never comes to me for a romantic relationship.  I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a very feminine voice say something behind me. "Excuse me? Is this seat taken?" The voice asked. I turned around and I see and quite beautiful woman. She wasn't overly gorgeous but her smile made her shine brighter than the sun. "Now it is." I said with a slick smile. She blushed and sat down next to me. "The name is Johnson. Corporal Alex Johnson." She said as she stuck her hand out for a hand shake. I shook her hand and responded "Taylor. Private Aaron Taylor." She smiled at me. We continued to flirt and talk and just enjoy the company of the opposite sex. She seemed to take a liking to me. We started to become really good friends. I told her about everything back home. My ex's, my parents, my school, why I enrolled, and Marie. She took an interest in the whole Marie topic. This was the first person who I could truly talk about how I felt for Marie. She didn't know her very well and wouldn't tell her how I felt. 

                         We got called back to training and we didn't see each other for more then a couple seconds for about 2 weeks. When we finally saw each other she was 2 days away from deployment. She was heading to South Korea. The 2 days Alex had left we spent most of the time together. I developed a kind of crush on her. It was nothing like what I had for Marie, but it was defiantly a crush. I walked into the dining hall expecting to see Alex. She wasn't in our usual spot. I asked Carson where she was. "She just left I think she is about to get on her plane." He responded. I dropped my food in shock and then took off sprinting towards her plane. She was literally walking trough the door as I approached the plane. I yelled out her name. She heard me and turned around. When she realized it was me she dropped her bag and ran over to me and swallowed me in a hug. We pulled away just enough to put our foreheads together. "Aaron, I like you." She said. "And not as a friend either." She continued. All I did stare straight into her eyes and then closed the space between our lips. Our lips moved perfectly in sync. 

                        She pulled away and tears were trailing down her cheeks. I wiped away the tears and pulled her to my chest. "I like you too, Alex." I whispered. She looked up at me and our lips met again. I reluctantly pulled away and gave her a look that signaled for her to get on her plane. She pulled out of my arms and ran to her plane. Right before she entered the plane she turned and waved at me. It seemed cheesy but I didn't care. I truly liked her. I really really liked her. I waved back as the plane took off. Tears left my eyes and I then checked my watch. I had to go back to training. So I left. And I would never feel the same.