Chapter 17

Marie's position

           I took the day off because of the extreme episode I had last night. I called Aaron too. He was fine. There was a attack on the base, but Aaron didn't get hit. His friend Carson did though. He was shipped back to the states for treatment and is in critical condition. I promised Aaron I would keep up with Carson and let him know how he was. Aaron missed home. I could tell. He said he missed the gang. Which I understand because I missed our little meetings as well. I don't have class on Fridays either so today I just stayed home and chilled. 

          It was about noon when I heard a knock at my door. I walked over and opened it. When I opened the door the familiar caramel colored skin, and long curly light brown hair that made the green eyes pop I smiled. "Ness, what are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. "I came to see you.  How are you?" She replied. "I'm good. You wanna come in?" I asked. "Yeah, that would be great." Vanessa answered. She then walked inside.

          I made coffee and we talked and caught up. "So why aren't you at school or work?" Ness (Vanessa) asked. "I took the day off and I don't have class on Fridays." I answered. "So how is everything back home?" I continued as I sipped my coffee. "It's hell without you and Aaron there to keep me from losing my head." Ness joked. We laughed. "So wanna go out and eat later?" I asked. "That would be amazing. I haven't been to a decent place to eat in forever." Ness responded. "I should invite Lindsey." I said. "Who?" Ness questioned. "Oh I meet her at welcome week. She is a friend don't worry I haven't gone gay on you." I joked. We laughed some more. "I would love to meet her." Ness responded. 

           "Okay Marie, the real reason I came is something I know you don't want to hear." Ness continued. I arched an eyebrow in confusion. "Your dad, oh geez, your dad..." She started. I eagerly waited for her to finish. "He, uh, came back. And your mom, well, we don't know where she is." Ness finished. My eyes widened in surprise. "What?" I mumbled. "I didn't tell him where you are, but he is looking for you. He found Brandon, and he isn't saying where you are either. If you don't want him to find you I will make sure it doesn't happen." She continued. I nodded my head slowly. "I, uh, need some time. To process this. I'm sorry to do this to you Ness, but will you please leave?" I asked. "Yeah, of course. I understand it's a lot to take in." She said as she stood. I walked her to the door and we exchanged goodbyes, and plans for dinner. Then she left.

        I shut the door and sickness consumed me with overwhelming force. I collapsed into the ground and seized up. I couldn't move, talk, hear, see, and it was getting harder to breathe. I tried to relax but I just couldn't. My body went out of my control. I just rode it out, and when it finished I caught my breathe. I then slowly crawled to the couch and got on top of it and the darkness pulled me down into it. I the darkness consumed me once again.