Chapter 13

Marie's position

                         I get out of my car right after I hung up the phone with Aaron. I got dressed in jeans, PTX tank top, a red flannel, and white vans and a black beanie. I looked totally normal. It was late at night, around 8:00. I texted Micheal to meet me at the football field at 9:00, which meant I had an hour to set this whole thing up. I took my supplies and began my project.

Micheal's position

                         I got Marie's text to meet her at the field, and I knew what she was going to say. I know that she will tell me to come with her. I just know it. I was going to dress right for this night. The night that she asked me to be with er for the rest of her life. I picked out the shirt I wore when I first asked her out and clean jeans. I was so ready for this. I had to preoccupy myself or I would leave earlier than she wanted me too. So I put on headphones and play Trade Mistakes by Panic! at the Disco. I danced for what seemed like centuries. It's was 3 minutes till 9:00 when I checked the time. I grabbed my keys, wallet, and phone before I speed off towards the football field. 

                        I got to the field and I saw Marie's car so I just went inside the gates of the field. They were unlocked like usual, and so I walked in. The actual field came into view and Marie was standing in the middle with candles surrounding the schools logo in the middle of the field. I walked out to her. "What's all this?" I asked. "This represents everyday we were together. One candle for one day. 94 days. Not even 100." Marie started. Her eyes looked like she had been crying. "I knew I was leaving and yet I let my...myself fall for you. I let myself gain the pain i'm feeling right now." She continued. "You did nothing wrong, you were doing me a favor by breaking up with me. And this decision that you are making me partake in, is killing me." She said starting to tear up again. 

                      "Marie what are you saying?" I asked as I start to realize this meet up isn't going how I thought it was going to go. "I'm saying no, Micheal. You need to stay here and be with your family. My family left. My dad left us years ago and my mom decided to go after him and I haven't seen either of them in YEARS, Micheal. I became successful because I want something to live for. I want something for myself Mike and I don't want to bring anyone with me. God is leading me where I am going and he isn't leading you the same way. So Micheal, the answer to your question is no. I'm sorry but it's a n.." I interrupted her to protest by saying "Marie, but why would he let us get so close? He wants us together Marie. I know this because I love you.". Tears rolled down my cheeks like a water fall. 

                       "If he wanted us to be together, he would have put you in Baylor with me. You wouldn't have had to find a job or follow me. Micheal you need your own life. You need to build your own foundation. God needs you to be independent. You shouldn't come to Waco because of me, but because God is calling you there." She said. She then stepped out from inside the ring of candles and walked over to me. "You need to be who you are, and God will reveal that to you... with time." She said. She put her hand on my cheek like I did to her. "Micheal, we need to go our separate ways. If God brings us back together at some point then we may be who we need to be with." She said. She wiped a single tear from my cheek before I decided to walk away. 

Marie's Position

                I cleaned up my stuff and headed home. I couldn't believe I did that. I just broke up with Micheal and I was going to Baylor in less than a week. I went home and finished some packing. "Hey, how are you?" A voice I had been longing to hear said. "Ness, thank God you're here." I said right after I stood. I walked over and hugged her. She hugged me back. "I broke up with Micheal." I whispered. She pushed me back but still had a hold of my shoulders and said "What? When?" "About an hour ago." I responded. "Oh Marie. You wanna talk about it." She asked. "No, no I don't." I said sharply. I sat down on the bed with weakness in my legs. The shock of everything finally wore off. "Oh my God, I broke up with Micheal." I said in disbelief. "Yeah?" Ness said as she sat down next to me. She rubbed her hand across my back. "I broke up with him." I muttered. Ness pulled me into another hug and emotion took over my body. The tears burned my eyes and skin. My body was shaking. I couldn't believe all of this was happening. Vanessa laid me down onto my bed and my eyes felt heavy. I slowly closed them. I then feel into the deep black hole of sleep.