Chapter 11

Marie's position

                The weeks flew by like nothing. It was my final night as soon as opening night came. It felt like just yesterday I was reading the cast list for Phantom my freshman year. I was so excited. And I was every time I got a leading part in a musical. I was getting my makeup done when Micheal came into my dressing room and gave me a kiss on top of the head.  I rolled my eyes and turned my chair around. Micheal then sat down and faced me with a serious face. "Marie, I think we need to talk." He said. "About?" I asked. "Us. You are leaving Saturday and I'm not even going to college." He responded. "I have been thinking about that too. What if you come with me, like you could get a job in Waco and live in an apartment." I suggested. "Marie, I doubt my parents would let me do that." Micheal said. "Micheal you're an adult they have no control over you anymore. We can find a church and you can live with me until you get your own apartment. We can make this work Mike." I said desperately trying to make a plan. He didn't respond. He just stood up an walked over to me. He put his hand on my cheek and I leaned into his hand. "Micheal, don't. Don't do this without giving this a chance." I said as tears were building and my voice was cracking. 

                 "I have to Marie. You are acting like I want to do this. If you think I do, you're so beyond wrong." Micheal said while on the verge of tears. And that's when I broke down. Micheal pulled me in and started crying as well. We just stood their crying and for a good 15 minutes until Micheal pulled away and directed my attention to him. We locked eyes. And he kissed me, not wanting to let go. As if we would never kiss again. When we pulled away finally we didn't say anything more. Micheal just left the room. My emotions took control of my body once again. Everything hurt, my eyes burned from the tears, and my body was shaking. Everything seemed to be falling apart. I should have never gotten involve with someone right before I was about to leave for college. When I was finally able pulled myself together and got my hair and makeup down for my last performance.

                Mrs.Cook stepped out on stage and did the same speech she always did for every single performance. The typical turn off or silent your phones. Refrain from talking, and please take noisy children outside into the lobby. The lights and sound came up and everyone scurried to their places. Gwen started to sing 'I have a dream' and everyone is in awe of her voice. She was 2 months pregnant now and was barely starting to show. I felt bad for leaving her when she was so lost but I had to start my life. She has to tell Mrs.Cook at some point so they can figure out how to alter costumes so she isn't making Sofie look pregnant. She finishes 'I have a dream' and yes into her lines right before 'honey honey'. Before I know it, I have to get to my first mark. 

                 We took our last bow, and Mrs. Cook came on stage to make my announcement. "Ladies, and gentlemen. Tonight is a sad night. One of our actresses is leaving us and heading off to college. Marie Carson has been in every musical since her freshman year. It may not have always been a leading role but she was in the cast somewhere. Tonight me and the rest of the cast and crew wanted her to play a little piano for you guys as her final goodbye. She played this while we were setting up on opening night and everyone basically demanded that she play this. Marie Carson everybody." The room filled with applause as Mrs. Cook exited stage as well as the cast and crew. I sat down and the room was silent. Too silent. It was a creepy type of silent. I then played the first note of my Queen medley.

                  I ended the last note and the room was still and quiet. Then in a blink of an eye, it erupted with applause. I stood up and bowed and everyone started chanting for an encore. "ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!" The crowd chanted. I looked at Mrs.Cook seeing what I should do and she nodded her head *yes* signaling that I could play an encore. I sat back down and took a second to think of what to play. Then it hit me.

Ignore the fancy editing and just listen to the music. That is what Marie plays for her encore. I personally love Star Wars and Marie is a very nerdy person so I had her love Star Wars. It isn't important to the story but I found this and absolutely fell in love with it. Anyway back to the story. Bye

The room was silent like before and then erupted in even more applause. I then stood up and walked off stage with my heart pounding. I went straight to my dressing room before I let my emotions captivate me once more. I reach my door and I struggle to open it with my heart going a million miles a minute. I started to hyperventilate and tears came back to my eyes. I let them fall without a thought. I regain control and slow my breathing. My heart begins to slow as I focus on my breathing and I start to recapture total control. After I calmed myself down before I went to the lobby for pictures and autographs.