Chapter 14

Aaron's Position

           I woke up at 5:30am like normal. I packed my bag, which was not like normal. I was being shipped out to Japan in an hour. I hurried and got breakfast. After, I got on the plane and took my seat. I missed my friends. I missed Alex. I missed Marie. I turned on my music and tried to relax. I have a 36 hour flight ahead of me, so I have time. My eyes closed as I dozed off. Once my eyes were closed, an image appeared like an old movie would have. It was me and Marie, the day I moved. We were in her garage. We had just came back from theatre. I gave her a ride that day.

~Flashback/Dream~

           Marie and I walked up to the door that lead from the garage to her house. She turned to me and said "so this is it." I replied "I'm afraid so." A single tear came from her beautiful eyes. I placed my hand on her cheek and wiped it away with my thumb. In a blink of an eye, she was in tears. I pulled her close and held her. She cried into my chest. She was so different, I thought. She was always herself. I couldn't believe I was leaving her. And right before prom too. Marie, Vanessa, and I were all suppose to go together. The theme was, I know it was bad, Star Wars. And it was on May the 4th. It was a good idea at the time, and it was better than Paris, AGAIN. When she finally was able to stop most of the tears, I pulled away from her. I stepped back and pulled off my letterman jacket off. I put it around her shoulders and she tried to refuse, but I wouldn't let her. We hugged once more, and I kissed the top of her head.  When we let go of each other, I just left. I did that because if I didn't go, I would have stayed another hour. I got in my car, and before I could drive away Marie waved at me. I smiled and continued to pull out of the driveway. I got outside of town and I pulled over. I put my car in park and emotion consumed me. Tears poured out of me as if I was a pitcher full of water. I just left Marie, forever. I know it's only like 15 minutes away, but still. It seems so official. I have no idea how long I was there, sobbing. I wished I didn't have to move. Didn't have to leave. I wanted Marie. I wanted all of her. I wish I told her. I wish I had told her everything.

~End of Flashback/Dream~

         The plane rattled, waking me up. I decided to give everyone an update, so I got up and asked the pilot how much more time we had. "Ten hours left" he said. My eyes grew triple the size. "I slept for 26 hours!" I thought. I went back to the main cabin of the plane and said "Soilders, we will land at 1800 hours." (That's 8:00pm in military time.) I then sat down once again. Carson, who sat next to me, elbowed me. "You catch up on your beauty rest?" He joked. I smiled and checked my messages. Nothing, important anyway. Just spam emails, and random texts from people "I knew" on base. I looked out the window and stared at the blue pacific ocean. I couldn't believe I was deployed. I will be in Japan, in less than 10 hours. 

         We landed and we unloaded onto Camp Kinser Marine corps base in Honk Kong. I still couldn't comprehend that I wasn't in the U.S anymore. I went to my barracks and placed my stuff into my assigned bunk. After setting up everything, I turned to head out and do something. When I turned, a table caught my eye. A table at the end of the room. It had many religious books. The Book of Mormon, the Quran, the Torah, the Vedas, and of course the Bible. I went over and picked up the Bible. "Marie would want me to read it." I thought. So I took it and laid it on my shelf. I then proceeded to head out.

Marie's position

          I shoved the last of my things into the last box. I am headed for Baylor, TOMORROW! I was so excited. "So I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 boxes." I mumbled as I counted. I put everything into my car for the next morning. I laid down on the couch and pulled out my phone. As I scrolled through Instagram, I saw Micheal's picture. He was with a girl. He moved to somewhere and got a job. I don't remember where, but he apparently found him a girl. She was pretty too. Her hair was black with electric blue tips. Her amber eyes matched her skin and hair perfectly. She was shorter than Mike, but not too short. And her fashion sense was on point. I smiled and then continued to scroll. 

         I slowly started to fall asleep and then my phone rang. It was Aaron. I jolted up and answered it quickly. "Hello? Marie?" He said. "Aaron? Is that really you?" I asked in disbelief. Aaron chuckled and then said "Yes Marie, it's me." I smiled. "So how is everything? Where are you now?" I asked. "I was deployed last week and I am now in Japan." He answered. "Oh my, you're already in Japan. It seemed like yesterday you were telling me you were leaving." I added. "Yeah I know. It goes by so fast." He responded in a distant tone. "So, when are you leaving for Baylor?" Aaron asked changing the subject. "Tomorrow actually." I answered. "You excited?" He continued. "Hell yeah I'm excited. I can't believe its finally here." I said. "So, you nervous about moving entire states?" He asked. "Well were you nervous about changing countries?" I asked sassily. "Okay okay, I get it. That was a stupid question." He joked. My alarm wet off signaling that it was now 10:00pm. "Hey Aaron I am so sorry but I need to go. I have to leave early in the morning and I need some rest." I said reluctantly. "Oh, yeah. You're all good." He responded. "When will I get to talk to you again?" I asked. "I don't know. Soon I hope." He answered. "Yeah, I pray it will be soon." I said. "Okay Marie, I will let you go." He said. "Okay, Goodnight Aaron or good morning I don't know what time it is there. Whatever it is I hope it's good" I rambled. Arron chuckled and then said "Goodnight Marie." And with that phrase we ended the phone call.