Chapter 12

Marie's position

                   I couldn't think about anything except Micheal. I missed him so much that I couldn't even focus on moving to Waco. I was trying so hard to keep looking on the bright side, but I just couldn't. I was currently trying to pack my pictures and books into a box. And every time I came across and picture of one of the musicals I was in, I couldn't help but think of Micheal and I just broke down. I just held the Mamma Mia! picture to my chest and cried. I let Vanessa take over the pictures and I just focused on books. When I finished with my books I moved onto my clothes. I threw out more than I thought I would and kept a lot more than I thought I would. After  I finished that and after Vanessa finished my bedding and towels we decided to take a break and watch a movie. 

                 We were in the middle of 5 feet apart, the movie with Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson. When the door bell rang. I instinctively got up and opened it. 

My jaw dropped when I saw Micheal standing at my door. He was in tears. "Micheal what are you doing here?" I asked trying to keep my cool. "Marie, I uh...I... *shudders* I found a job, in Waco. I'm sorry I ended things before I even tried. I want to give us another chance. I want to be with you. I thought what I was doing was the right thing, but I could never imagine being without you. I have no idea what I did with myself before I met you. And I can't let you go." He said with tears trickling down his face. "Are you saying you want us back together?" I asked with disbelief. "Yeah, and I am willing to do whatever it takes. I just want you back in my life Marie." Micheal said with intensity. "I...I would have to think about Mike, I can't give you an answer yet. I'm sorry." I responded. "Of course, I will give you space. When you have your answer please just send a text." He said. I nodded my head *yes* and then he turned around and walked off. 

                      I walked back into my house and just fell back onto the couch still in shock. "So what did Mike want?" Ness asked after she gave me a second. I let out an intense sigh before I said "He wants to get back together. He found a job in Waco and everything." Ness looked very shocked when I said this. "Has he really fallen that hard?" She asked. "I guess so. Why do I do. I really like him and I might even love him, but what if we move to Waco and then break up. I can't go anywhere and what is he gonna do, move back here? I'm at a cross road here Ness." I said. "Apparently, you need to do what your heart is telling you. Or do what you christians call praying about it" Ness responded. "I think I will, if God wants us to be together then I should ask. Thanks Ness." I said back. "No prob." Ness yelled as I ran to my room and I pulled out my Bible. 

                     I pulled open my Bible and opened a random page. Ephesians 5:33 "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband." I read aloud. I turned to another random page. Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." I also read. I then shut my Bible and started to pray. "God, what are you telling me. Should Micheal follow me? Is he the man you want me to be with? If so God please tell me. I'm asking your advise. I am seeking your guidance O lord. I pray this in your gracious and most heavenly name, Amen." I then lifted my head and sat in silence for a few moments. I then heard a small audible voice say in my left ear "Go and do what I have laid out in front of you." It was so quite it could be easily missed. I probably wouldn't have heard it if I was looking for it. I knew what God wanted me to do. 

Aaron's position

                     It has been almost 6 weeks since Alex left. I was also about to be deployed to Hong Kong soon as well. With Alex gone I couldn't stop thinking of Marie. Vanessa sent me the summer musical photo and Marie looked perfect. She also sent me the video of Marie playing the piano on her final night. I had no idea she was so good at piano. Add that to French Horn, singing, and acting. I missed her compassion so much. I was walking to find my staff sergeant to receive orders to give to my platoon. I had been promoted to sergeant for excelling in training. I got orders and delivered them to my men. We then got busy.

                     After doing our 3 hour work out we finally had the rest of the day off. I was finally going to call Marie. I hope it goes through. I got to the main office and asked to make a distance call. They of course let me and I dialed Marie's number.  It ringed 3 times before I heard "Hello?" come from the other end. "Oh my God, Marie!" I exclaimed. "Aaron?" She questioned. "Yeah, it's me how are you. I'm so glad to hear your voice. I can't believe the call finally went through." I stammered. "I'm fine and you tried to call?" She responded. "Yeah, many times. I saw you playing the piano on your final night Ness sent it to me. I didn't know you could play piano." I said still not believing she was on the other end of the line. "Yeah, I was messing around before opening night and everyone basically demanded I play it for my last night. It wasn't that good was it?" She said. "Yeah it was, Marie it was absolutely amazing." I responded. "I'm leaving for Baylor on Saturday, it doesn't seem real." She said. "Yeah, I can relate." I agreed. "Aaron, I kinda have to go I'll talk to you soon? She asked. "Yeah, I'm being deployed on Friday so it will be a couple weeks before I call you back but I can email." I responded.