REVELATIONS

"What the fuck do you mean you know who did it, what the hell did you do, " I yelled at John John. "Where the fuck is you, " I asked him. He stuttered, trying to find the right words to explain. "I'm in Chicago. Look I fucked up bro, " he started until i cut him off. "Don't bro shit, if I find out that you played a part in all this you might as well stay where you are because I swear to God, " I paused not wanting to threaten my youngest brother. The phone was silent for a few seconds then he replied, "I owed some people on the westside some money for weed, coke, and ecstasy pills, " he explained and I was getting even more pissed off. "Boy don't tell me you got momma and pops mixed up in your bullshit, " I exclaimed. John John paused, "I didn't mean to, I mean no, " he started to sob. "Well what the fuck happened, " I asked behind clenched teeth. I felt my jaws tighten and my blood began to boil.
     I calmed myself, " what happened, " I asked sternly. "I got into some shit with Deonte. We got our hands on a half a pound of coke and sold it. By the time we got the last couple of grams off, Bigs came around looking for us. I didn't know it was his though, I swear, we found it at the park, " he paused again and I could hear the fear in his voice. "Bigs wanted his money back and we couldn't get it, so he threatened to kill us, that's why I'm in Chicago now. Since he couldn't find me he burned down momma's house, " he finished. I took a deep breath after taking in the information. "You need to make your way back home. You'll stay at my place until the funeral is over, " I told him and hung up on him before he could protest.
     I hit my steering over and over until my hands were sore. It was all starting to be too much. Danielle cheating and getting pregnant, momma and pops being killed, graduating from the academy and I still didn't have one clue as to where Angela was. I needed some relief. Usually, sex would relieve me of all my worries but I settled for the next best thing, food. Danielle and I were freshly broken up, I loved this woman and cared about her more than I did myself, but the deceit left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a cold heart. My first thought was to go to Fishbones but decided against it once I realized that it was mine and Danielle's go to restaurant. So instead I drove to American Coney Island, which wasn't too far away from Fishbones.
     After smashing through an order of chili cheese fries and a couple of coney dogs I felt a little better. My mind was at ease for the moment and I was able to actually plan momma and pops funeral. Knowing that they wanted to be cremated, it didn't take long to arrange everything. The hardest part was to inform the twins about our parent's death. I couldn't believe my dumbass brother was to blame for our parent's death and to get mixed up in a bullshit drug beef. My anger rose again, this time I needed sex to escape reality. After making a few phone calls and realizing that I wasn't going to be fucking that night, I called it a night and headed home.
     The twins had arrived at my apartment three days after I had called about momma and pops. The bags under both of their eyes told a sorrowful story, and I couldn't hold back my own tears once I saw their dismayed faces. We consoled one another until all three of us were calm. Anxiety hit me when we heard a hard knock at my door. John John was standing outside the door looking like he had seen a ghost. His hair was grown out and matted, he had grown a patchy beard, his clothes were dirty and his eyes were bloodshot red. I stood there looking at him with disgust in my eyes but remorse set in so I grabbed him into an embrace to show I still cared about him. The twins, on the other hand, refused to speak to our little brother and I started to wonder if they would ever speak to him again. I couldn't to much blame them but I still wanted all four of us to be close if not closer in our time of emotional need.
    "Come on boy, let's take a drive, " I told John John. "You two gonna be okay right, " I asked my older siblings. They told me they would be just fine as John John and I headed out. I couldn't let my brother go to momma and pops memorial service looking like a hobo so the first stop was at the barbershop. "You pissed at me ain't you, " John John asked me. For a second I wanted to snap and tell him how I really felt but decided to let it go for now. "Nah bro, " I started but paused when I saw a familiar face standing at a bus stop. I continued, " look I'm gonna keep it one hundred with you, yeah I'm pissed at you but I'm fucking heated at Bigs, he know civilians are untouchable in the game. If he had a grievance he should've come to me, " I finished. My brother sat in the passenger seat with a dumb look on his face and quiet. "Let's get through the next couple of days alright. But for now, we're gonna go get your bum ass together, " I joked with him, nudging his arm.
     "Is that Angie, " he finally spoke. I had a gut feeling it was her but doubted myself because of her new appearance. She was still as gorgeous as ever. He frame was thinner but she was thick in all the right areas. She had cut her short and I mean short, almost to the point that it looked like mine. Every ounce of me wanted to stop and pick her up but I needed to get my brother shit together before anything. I made mental note of the street that she was catching the bus on and the time of day. John John was looking at me like I was crazy, "you not gonna stop, I thought y'all were best friends, " he asked sarcastically. "Yeah we are, I'll catch up with her later, right now we gotta get you back on point fool, " I informed him. I took a final glance at Angela and decided that I would drive back through the neighborhood tomorrow to catch up on old times. "So, Bigs, you know he gonna come at you once he finds out you weren't in the house, " I told John John, purposely trying to scare him. "What, I don't think he'll do that, shit the police probably got him shook anyways, " he said as he fidgetted in the seat. "Yeah, you're probably right though. But I tell you what, once I'm back on the force I'm gunning for his head. I'm gonna make damn sure he pays for this, " I told him. For a while, we both were content on being silent, John John finally spoke. "Yo, you remember when we were kids and we always talked about becoming cops just to rob motherfuckers out here, " he laughed. We were stopped at a red light so I made sure to look him in the eyes to know that what was about to come out my mouth was dead ass serious. "Not one thing changed about that, " I started. "You see after I found out Danielle had fucked around and got her dumbass pregnant by another cat. I decided that the old me was ready to come out and play. That girl snapped whatever dreams I had of being on the straight and narrow. Shit's about to get real out here blood, " I said mockingly. I was never apart from a gang but grew up in a neighborhood full of gangsters. John John on the other hand was and that made me guilty by association. John John laughed and said, "I knew it, I knew, " as he clapped his hands together.
      It was seven at night by the time we were done prepping ourselves for momma and pops memorial. I wanted to get back home, shower, and go to bed. John John had the bright idea to stop at a bar to have a few shots. After a little back and forth disagreement, I ended up giving in. We decided to go to Chi Chi's, a hole in the wall neighborhood bar. John John gave dap to a few dudes he hung out with on the block as we made our way to take the last two stools at the bar. I ordered two Coronas and a shot of Grey Goose. Freddy the owner brought us our drinks and we cheered to the lives our parents lived. Freddy poured us and himself another round, "they were good people, " he said in a raspy tone as he held his glass up. We tossed and slammed the glass on the counter.
     After two more shots and three beers later John John leaned in to talk to me in a whisper. "On the real bro, we should go fuck up Bigs and his crew, " he suggested. I took a few gulps of my beer and contemplated the idea. "Nah I'll get him the right way. But on some real shit though I'm about to get on some gully shit though, " I said, finishing the Corona. He chuckled and finished his as well. "What happened to Danielle, " he asked. "That's a story for a different day but you already got the gist of it, " I told him. "What you gonna do after we send momma and pops home, " I asked my brother. He stared straight ahead like he was in deep thought. "I don't know, " was all that he whispered. I pulled out three twenty dollar bills to pay for our drinks, "well I'm going to the crib before I get too buzzed up, " I announced to mainly myself. "And you little brother might not want to get drunk. You already know Terry and Tara gonna tear into that ass when we get back," I patted his shoulder. "Yeah, " he chuckled and agreed.
     The twins were asleep by the time we made it back to my place. John John was lucky, for now. "You got the couch," I told him, tossing him a comforter and pillow. "Love you, bro, " he called out to me. "Love you too fool, " I told him, leaving the living room to take a shower. The steaming hot water was what my body needed. Like any other time that I showered, I recounted the events of the day and what was to be for next. Eleven thirty was the time of the memorial tomorrow. It should estimate to conclude around two in the afternoon. The caterers should have the hall set up and ready for the family at three thirty. Ten forty-five was when I saw Angela on Vandyke and Harper. 'Angela, ' I thought to myself. I began to lather my body with body wash, starting from my neck down. I kept thinking about Angela. She looked damn good but I wanted to know how my childhood friend was doing in life. It's been so long since I've seen her, even longer since we decided to have sex.
     The fantasies and dreams started racing through my head and I became instantly erect. I stroked myself, thinking about how good Angela had first given me head. I was rock hard and thought about how I would make love to Angela. My bedroom glimmered from the candles lined up on my dresser. Angela was laying on the bed naked and seductively looking me up and down, craving for me to ravage her. I licked on her toes and slowly traced my tongue throughout her body. Angela quivered and shook with pleasure as she had an internal orgasm. I continued to lick her body until we locked lips and were kissing passionately. Angela grabbed and ass and slowly guided me into her. Her pussy was warm and gripped my dick like a vice. I put myself deep inside her and pulled out, leaving just the tip inside her. Angela bucked her hips and bit my lip, signaling me that she was coming. I drove my dick into her deeper but didn't break the rhythm we had set for ourselves. "I'm coming," she whispered in my ear. Angela was spent after her third orgasm but I was still craving her body. I helped her to turn over and to lay flat on her stomach. Again I entered her slowly, wanting her to feel every inch of me penetrate her. Angela moaned softly and so sexy that I almost came in her. I controlled myself and began to fuck Angela. The sound of her ass smacking my pelvis was music to my ears and the motivation to make another lasting memory. I began pumping into Angela ferociously, aiming to make us come together. Angelas back and arms stiffed and I felt the orgasm rising through my shaft. "I'm coming, " she screamed. "Me too, " I groaned. The hot shower water intensified my orgasm as I silently panted and grunted.  I lathered, washed, and rinsed myself again and went off to go to bed.