Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX
-A New Quest-

Miriki's Point of View

A week has passed by ever since Saiko suddenly stopped pursuing Teruhashi. Maybe it was because of Saiki's purgatory. Maybe not.

It was rather a weird thing. He wasn't being as rude to most people. He had his moments here and there with bragging but other than that it's been normal.

The class door opened and Riki walked in with Saiko on his back. That wasn't weird. Apparently without my knowing, I guess Riki and him were friends or as Riki put it, a lackey.

"Thanks mohawk peasant, here's your tip." Seiko handed Riki a few bills. He happily took it. His excited eyes seen mine.

"Hey Iki, look!" He came over and gave me a hug before leaving.

I giggled and shook my head. I heard someone clear their throat. "Yes." I said not looking at the culprit.

"What's your relationship with mohawk peasant?" He was at my desk leaning towards my face.

I leaned away. "He's my cousin."

Saiko's eyes turned to relief and surprise. "Cousin? Huh, well at least that saves me the trouble of any competition."

"Competition?" I repeated in a question.

"Yes that's what I said." He cupped my chin. I felt my cheeks heat up when his thumb started to caress my cheek. His hands were soft.

"I can't have anyone try and steal what's going to be mine." He leaned his forehead onto mine. I was able to feel his minty breath fan on my skin. His emerald eyes danced around my face and lingered on my lips.

That's when the Oh wow's came off. I perked up when Kokomi came in with her usual beauty. I immediately pushed Saiko away and ran up to my friend.

"Kokomi! You look so pretty." I beamed.

-

3rd Pov

Saiko frowned. Why does she get so happy when that woman comes in? He raised a brow at the way his Panda was fawning over his former soon to be wife. He was so close to kissing those plump lips.

He wondered about Miriki's words from before. The way she was protective over Teruhashi, the looks, even how she talked about her. It was obvious that she was under the same influences as everyone else, but was it something more?

Teruhahsi kept a smile on her face as her close friend was talking with her. It was something that she was used to.

"Miriki, did you do something to your hair?" She asked.

The girl shook her head. "I use a different shampoo since Nendou tried to eat the strawberry one I owned." She gasped and added, "Why, do I smell weird?" She sniffed the air.

"No, not at all. Don't worry you smell nice as always." Teruhashi smiled.

Miriki blushed with a closed eye smile. "Arigato."

From far, Saiko stared at Miriki intensely. His heart began beating more as the girl smiled. If only she'd look at me like that. Maybe I should buy-oh...That's right. My Panda isn't persuaded by money. Hmm, this is going to be hard. No, you're a Saiko, nothing is too hard.

Gee, he's actually trying. Saiki looked at the green eyed girl who was now going back to her seat. She looked at Saiko before turning forward. Too bad she's not into him.

Yet. Aiura looked at the pair, Miriki and Saiko. Looks like things might take a turn for the good. She just needs a turn in the right direction.