Chapter Fifteen

(A/n) the last chapter didn't get any comments...*looks around* hmm

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
-Date Pt. 1-

Miriki couldn't believe she was--is actually doing this. Her knee bounced as she anxiously sat on the sidewalk of the cafe. Her heart was beating fast like terrified rabbit. Every few seconds she checked her phone to see the time.

Her eyes looked down at her outfit. She wore a white sleeveless dress with green sandals. She looked beautiful and felt cute, but why. Why did she go all out and choose something cute just for someone who liked to mess with her.

The truth was that she was curious. She was curious to find out why her heart was beating for someone new. It was cliche to say but the soft music that blared in her ears (to ignore the louder beating of her heart) was starting to cause her to imagine scenarios that confused her.

Liking Saiko Metori was far too soon to say, but Miriki didn't know what else to think. She couldn't forget his encouraging and heartfelt words. She couldn't forget the way his emerald eyes look at her so softly and filled with adoration every time he saw her. She couldn't forget his gentle and warm touch. She couldn't forget him.

But why? Why her? How in such little time would that arrogant handsome smooth douchebag like her? Was he going to trick her and reveal that this whole time he was only using her to get to Kokomi.

She felt stupid for having these thoughts again. It just always bugged her.

Beep Beep

Lights blinded Miriki when she was distracted with her doubts. A pang of hurt stirred in her stomach as she thought of the last one.

“Panda-chan, why are you on the sidewalk?” Metori stared at her. He opened his door after she got up and dusted her dress off.

Though when she stood up and gave a fake smile, he got out of his limo and stood in front of her. His eyes swallowed the beautiful vision that was Miriki and smiled. A pink blush appeared on his cheekbones. His eyes lit up in realization. He gave her a charming smile before turning to get something.

Miriki looked at him in confusion but he didn't see it. When he turned around he held a bedazzled panda necklace.

“I saw this and thought of you.” He happily said. Metori saw her tense and chuckled. “Don't worry, it wasn't expensive. I remember you said you don't like expensive things so I bought it at an antique store with the tip I didn't give you last week.”

“...Thank you?” Miriki sighed.

Metori's shoulders slightly slumped. I should have tipped her. “I could get you something else if you don't like it.” He placed it back in a box.

Suddenly Miriki felt a pang of guilt replacing the hurt. She quickly stepped forward and placed her hands on his. “It isn't that, I love it but you shouldn't have to buy anything just because it reminds you of me.”

Metori pursed his lips and snapped his fingers. “I understand. I should have brought you along so that I can buy you something that you like and what makes you happy.

Miriki sweatdropped. “No, Saiko.”

“Then how can I make you happy?” He squeezed her hand.

Jeffrey raised a finger. “Young master, what your lovely company means is that your presence is enough to make her appreciate your efforts in winning her affections.” He bowed.

Saiko nodded slowly. He let out an “Oh.” Then he thought of something that simple people would do and cleared his throat. “You look hot, babe.”

Jeffrey facepalmed.

Miriki's face went red as Saiko smiled at her. She shook her head and placed a hand on her heart. “C-can we just go.”

“Wait, now you compliment me. That's what people do on dates...right?” He narrowed his eyes.

Miriki's blush calmed slightly. She looked at his outfit which was a white button up and nice dress pants with shiny shoes. Her eyes trailed to his flawless face. His silver hair was clean and she could smell the captivating cologne that he wore. Everything about him was glamorous that she felt like a pig now compared to him.

“You look...rich...andhandsomeIguess.” She shrugged. “Now let's go.” Miriki pulled a smug Metori into the limo trying to brace herself for what was in store.

After 15 chapters, we're finally getting to a good part. Alrighty so hopefully you guys aren't losing interest in this story 👀 I'm just starting to get my hype back. My mind is telling me to write another story but I'm staying committed to this story. ...

Unless I get request for another story hehe. But do you guys think I'm doing good? Am I lacking something?