Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY
-Thank You-

Saiki released a silent sigh as he got up from his desk and walked out of class with the rest of his peers. He held his bag as the hallways became crowded. It was another day of school dealt with.

He did the same thing he did at the end of the day and traded his school shoes for his casual ones. Seeing that it was pretty clear outside, he took the blazer off and folded it neatly in his bag.

Much to his surprise and relief, neither Kaido or Nendo had bothered him. It was an even bigger shock that Teruhashi or Aiura hadn't come up to him. It was a daily thing he was used to, but he wasn't complaining.

"Saiki-kun!"

Spoke too soon. He deadpanned.

However, he was grateful that this wasn't the most annoying person. It could've been worse.

Miriki stopped in front of the pink haired male's shoe cubby. She huffed, placing her hands on her knees as she caught her breath. The Nendo girl had to run to avoid being in the busy crowd of students.

"Sorry to bother you at the last second, but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" She smiled.

Huh? Doesn't she have a boyfriend to do that with? Isn't that the purpose of this story? He stayed silent with a stoic face. Saiki merely glanced at her as he finished tying his last shoe lace. It was a first not to have anyone bother him and he didn't want to waste this glorious free time. But on the other hand, Miriki seemed like she was planning for them to hang out and it would be rude of him to decline.

Sure he was more reserved and would rather be alone, yet he wasn't rude either.

"I'm not sure Saiko would like that." He chose to answer with a logical excuse.

Miriki chuckled. "Don't worry, he knows I spend time with my friends and it's not like I'm asking you out on a date."

She says it so casually and although she's right, I'm not interested in hanging out with anyone today. Sorry. He was about to decline her, but she spoke up again. This time, Saiki listened.

"We can go eat at the cafe. Business was so good with my new cupcake recipes that my boss is letting me use the kitchen and it would be convenient to have another opinion." She scrolled through her phone and showed him pictures of her creations.

Saiki gave her a thumbs up.

"Really? Okay, let's go the-..hey wait up!" Miriki had to jog as Saiki began to speed walk ahead of her.

-

"Alright...almost done!" Miriki clapped her hands together.

She took the warm tray out of the oven with gloves around her hands. It wasn't necessary, but she also wore her maid uniform. The olive haired girl laid the cupcakes in front of a blushing Saiki. He stared at the delicious goods with a soft expression.

"You must have a sweet tooth, don't you?" Miriki laughed at his silent enthusiasm.

"Are they all chocolate on the inside?" He brought his head up to look at her.