Chapter UwU

Y'all out here being such amazing readers. 8K....thank you guys 😭👏😢❤️
You deserve some fluff and love, so you *tap tap* mother trucking go.
And this is canon so whatever takes place in this chapter is part of this story.

“Achoo!”

Miriki sneezed into her arm. She groaned in discomfort as the glands of her neck hurt and she swallowed a lump of mucus and saliva. The poor girl didn't get a wink of sleep. Her stuffy nose made it hard to breathe and she couldn't sleep while also breathing from her mouth.

She got up and put one of Riki's old hoodies on and slid her feet into her slippers. She opened her door and trudged her body into the kitchen where Riki and her aunt were.

Riki's eyes glanced over to her form happily until seeing her red cheeks and sweaty forehead. “Pocchari, you don't look good. Do you need to go to the hospital?”

Miriki didn't have the effort to come up with a remark. Instead she waddled over to the table and grabbed a plate of pancakes. She was about to munch on them, but they were taken away from her grasp making her whine.

“Miriki, honey, it's not a good idea to eat too much sugar when you're sick. It can get you to become more nauseas.” Midori furrowed her thin brows. She shook her head and checked the time. “I guess I have to call in sick. Riki, go to school.”

“I can take care of myself.” Miriki reassured. She stood up and puffed her chest out in confidence, only to cough violently.

Why did I have to get sick today!

“There, there.” Midori lead her niece back into her room and guided her to bed. “Stay here I'll make some soup.”

A feisty Miriki sighed. Of course she didn't want to go to school, but today was Taco Tuesday and they only served those types of foreign food once a month. It would be a big loss for her. She closed her eyes in defeat.

She reopened them remembering another problem. Saiko was going to pick her up. After their date, nothing special happened except for him taking her to a noodle shop and spend the whole time using cheesy pick-up lines although there was a brief moment when she told him she wanted a second date.

As for their relationship, there wasn't much of one but it didn't mean that she didn't have feelings for him. She did. It was hard to admit to herself and it just kind of hit her out of nowhere. Saiko liked her and she liked him. Miriki did think he was handsome, very handsome in fact. His efforts have been paying off, just not to the point where she was going to start a relationship with him. Maybe a budding romance and that's as far as she'll go.