Chapter Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
-Troubles -

As Kaido was slowly turning crazier than usual, he realized something. He saw that the food from the pantry was missing along with a certain female. 

"Mera is the first victim!" He drew demonic features around his face. 

"Please don't say such ominous things." Teruhashi frowned. 

Miriki shook her head, trying to look around for her friend. There were too many trees covering her sight to scout Mera. Her hopes went up as she and the other girls heard a rustle from the bushes. 

"Chisato?" Miriki softly called out. 

It wasn't Mera who peeked out from the bushes. Miriki was pulled by both Teruhashi and Chiyo as they hugged her in fear when a snake emerged from the bushes. It darted straight towards them. 

"Boys, do something!" Chiyo cried. 

"How am I supposed to know what to do?" Kaido asked dumbly.

Miriki raised a brow, "You were the one to stop that snake in class that one time, remember?"

He didn't get a chance to reply, much to his relief. Out of nowhere, a familiar looking silhouette hunted the snake down. They came closer to reveal that it was an amazonian like Mera. She wore a chest wrap with a grass skirt, having various leaves around her ankles and wrist. 

"What's with that get up?" Kaido gaped at her. 

"Oh wow, Meracchi." Riki smirked, eyeing her up and down. 

Miriki stared at her friend in awe. Her doubts and worry were gone upon seeing the new appearance of Mera. It was pretty badass she had to admit. 

"This makes perfect sense. Since Mera is poor, I guess she's used to living in the wild." Chiyo said, unaware of how offensive her words sounded. 

Mera didn't speak in Japanese, instead she released grunts and nods as a new form of communication. Her friends gave her looks of confusion, not understanding her. 

Is this hoe for real? Aren thought. 

She need some milk. Miriki sweatdropped. 

"I like your accent where are you from?" Riki chuckled. 

Ignoring the tall brute, Kaido glared at Mera. "What are you saying? And what's with the bag?" 

Chiyo was able to somehow understand Mera and translated for her, "We can have this?" The girl who was one with the island handed her bag to Chiyo, adding a few more grunts. "You're sorry for eating all the food in the pantry?"

Mera nodded. She grunted a few more times before taking her leave back into the tree filled darkness. Miriki sighed at the weird behavior and turned to Chiyo, 

"She wanted to give us these wild plants and mushrooms to make up for her selfish act." Chiyo said with admiration. She, Kaido, and Teruhashi looked at the island girl having tears in their eyes.

"We won't let this food you worked hard to gather go to waste." Kaido vowed. 

The bag wasn't as appealing as they thought.