Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
-Thoughts and Feelings-

The weather isn't bad today. Its more fresh than it was last week.

Miriki pulled away from her window and turned back to her bed. She took off her pajamas and put on her uniform. Her fingers instinctively went to the panda socks just beside her bed. Miriki knew that she didn't have to wear them any longer but she actually wanted to.

Lately, she couldn't put her finger on it but she was getting used to Saiko. As crazy as it sounded she was starting to accept the idea of them being friends. The way he just suddenly changed confused her.

“But for now I can accept and respect your patience and slow progress of friendship if that is what makes you happy however I hope you know that my eyes are only ever looking at you.”

Miriki's cheeks warmed up as she held the sock. He really does adore her. That's why he was doing all of this nice stuff. He was proving to her that he wasn't trying to bribe her with money, but instead his feelings. Real, genuine feelings. This did seem suspicious at first and it made her sad to think he could have just acted like he had some liking to her and if she did fall for it, he would go back to being the same douchebag all because it was a big joke and her self esteem-

“Hey Miriki--I'm gonna wait outside for you. Little buddy is meeting us.” Riki said.

Miriki sighed and slipped on her socks. She walked out of her room and went to the front door to put her shoes on. She waved to her aunt, opening the front door and closing it right behind her.

[Time Skip to gym class]

What are you doing to me?

SLAM

Miriki flinched at the loud sound to a locker slammed closed. She turned around to see her peers talking to one another while changing into their gym clothes.

“Mi-chan do you have a hair tie I can borrow?” Aiura asked, leaning on her locker. She crossed her arms and checked her nails. “I'm glad we don't have to swim, I just redid my nails. They could really kill a hoe or snatch a weave.”

“They're so pretty.” Miriki laughed. She needed something to take her mind off of last night. It was starting to get to her.

A smile grew on Aiura's glossed lips as she eyed Miriki. “You should sleepover at my place, it will be totes fun!”

Metori kissed me... Wait, I said his first name?! Double wait he didn't technically kiss me- Miriki mentally windmill kicked herself. She had to get her feelings and thoughts straight if she wanted to figure whatever this feeling was. But It wasn't like she was starting to feel anything. She was only feeling fuzzy and weird because it was the first time someone was romantically interested in her.

Yeah that's it.

The dark skinned beauty took notice of Miriki spacing out. She's been secretly taking note of Saiko's as well. Aiura couldn't help but fawn over the two, despite Saiki's warning to keep out of their business. Not that he cared or anything, he just didn't like people meddling in other people's affairs if it meant that Aiura was going to ramble about it.

“So how about it, Mi-chan?” Aiura gave a closed eye smile.

“Sure!” Miriki smiled.

The two girls walked beside one another as they headed outside with the other students. Out of the corner of her eye, Miriki saw someone's arm wrap around hers.

“Pocchari, guess what we're playing?” The male Nendou shouted right in her eardrums.

A dark aura surrounded Miriki as she shoved her cousin off and scolded him to go on the boy's side. With a teasing chuckle, Riki gave his cousin a bear hug and scurried off while embarrassingly bragging how cute Miriki was.

If that wasn't enough, she had caught Metori's eye. He sent her a wink before snapping going back to his business.

“Ugh, it's like he's still a kid.” Miriki blushed. She hugged herself and cursed herself for being flustered. This wasn't her. She was the one to proudly march around in her panda socks that Saiko gave her to embarrass her. That backfired and yet here she is blush and all.

On another note, his reminder for a date lingered around her mind. She didn't have to go yet she wanted to out of interest and curiosity. He was quite convincing.

“C'mon men let's feel the burn!” Hairo's determined voice rang throughout the whole field. On the boy's side they were playing softball which was what the girls did last time so they were switching. Just as Miriki happened to look that way, a silver haired boy crouched down and caught swung the bat. Through his uniform, his muscles flexed. He smirked seeing the ball fly far so he ran. On his way it was like slow motion when he and Miriki locked eyes.

The girl turned away with heated cheeks and ran faster to avoid his stare. She huffed trying to remove any thoughts of him, but she couldn't.

It's short but don't worry, we'll get some fluff in the next chapter. And also I made another story 😂