It Wasn't Suppose To Be You - 14

~~Time & Location: 10:00a.m Devil May Cry Headquarters~~

"I can't believe we couldn't find him, nor has he returned home!" I groan and scratch the back of my neck. We all searched for him for two weeks with no sign of where he went. His scent trail stopped outside of the city. We even searched the whole outskirts of town and even in nearby cities, asking anyone if they've seen a silver-haired man dressed in red attire. No one saw him anywhere. We were all getting frustrated. Nico even joined us fir the search since she had a vehicle big enough for most of us to ride in, but even with mobile support, our search efforts dwindled further down to becoming useless. We all sat around the office trying to figure out what we were gonna do when the office phone began ringing. Trish was sitting on Dante's desk and answered the phone quickly.
"Dante is that-...oh, uh...um, yeah she's right here. One sec..." She holds the phone receiver in her hand and looks at me with a curious look.
"It's for you. They said their name is John?" I sigh and walk over to her and retrieved the phone.
"John?"
"Hey, Sam! Just calling in to check on you. Veronica said that she felt like something was wrong?" I sighed again and pinched the bridge of my nose.
"Yeah, sorry. Me and the others received news that Dante disappeared somewhere. We looked everywhere for two weeks to see if we could find him, but our efforts seem to be going down the drain. I mean, we checked EVERYWHERE: all the spots he normally goes to and even surrounding cities. He's nowhere to be seen." I hear John sigh on the other end. I could tell the news troubles him as well.
"Well, I guess all I can say is to not be too worried about him. He can handle his own and I'm sure he'll return home soon-" As soon as he's about to finish his sentence, I hear a woman's voice in the background screaming his name. As the voice got closer, I could tell it was Veronica. Something was wrong as I began to feel fear and complete panic start to build up inside me. I decided to ask John what the matter was.
"John? What's going on? What's Veronica panicking for?" I continue to hear them talk as I begin to panicking myself, building the tension more. Just by the sound of their voices, I knew it wasn't good. Even Aramas was telling me mentally that we were in for trouble.
"Sam? You still there?"
"Yes, John. What the hell is going on?" He takes a heavy breathe and sighs deeply.
"Sam......We just got news that Lucifer is coming for you now in Dante's world...he plans to spawn at Dumary Island. Veronica just got word that he has already sent demons that are currently attacking Vie de Marlu as we speak. She's heading over to meet with you guys now so you can head over." I began to shake, my eyes practically bulging out of my head as panic began to set in more. I try to swallow the massive lump in my throat.
"Thank you, John. I'll let the others know."
"Okay. Take care Samara, and please, be careful over there." I promised him and said goodbye, then hung up the phone. The feeling of dread filled the room heavily as I looked up from everyone.
"Samara, is everything okay? You're paler than a ghost!" Lady walks up to me and rests her hand on my shoulder. I take another gulp of air before letting out a shakey breath and cleared my throat.
"That was my brother...Lucifer is coming for me and already has his minions attack Dumary Island as I speak...he plans to spawn there soon..." Everyone's faces and eyes filled with worry and concern.
"What are we suppose to do?" All eyes fell on me for answers. I shake myself to regain some composer and took a deep breath.
"My sister, Veronica is gonna be here amy second to help us......we have no choice but to go and fight. Lady, you stay here in case Dante returns. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Nico, I need you to drop us all off at the docks, come back here and help Lady watch out for Dante. If he does, then head back to Fortuna and watch over Kyrie and the orphanage. Take Lady with you since she can fight off any demons that attack the town. I'll give all of us walkies so we can stay in contact with each other and so you guys can tell us when Dante returns." As I hand out the walkie talkies I had, Veronica bursts through the office doors, panting heavily. She more likely got here in her true form by the way she was breathing. I nod at her as a sign that we were ready to leave and that we all knew what was going down. Once we all had our gear ready, we hopped in Nico's van and headed to the docks, where we split from her and Lady, and made our way to Dumary Island, ready to fight a battle of our lives...