slippers

SATURDAY, March 23rd
"Wow, this place's huge!" Naia exclaims as we enter the big arena of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

She keeps on taking pictures of everyone and everything we pass as me and Cole walks a few steps behind.

"I can't even remember the last time I went here," Cole sighs, thoughtfully biting his bottom lip.

"You've been here before?" I ask him, as we finally find our seats in the crowded arena.

"A lot," he nods. "I used to come here with dad.. I miss that."

I smile at him, aware of the fact that his dad died a couple of years ago. "We should come here more often, then."

He looks down at me, watching my face before nodding in a smile. "Yeah."

"Hey Ellie, there's your boyfriend."

Naia catches my attention, pointing towards the rink and a guy whose back is facing us. Once he turns around, you can easily see his cute grin as he talks to someone named 'Marner'.

"He's cute," Naia mumbles, admiring them both. "If you break up or something, you'd be fine if I accidentally started dated him, right?"

I turn my head to her, grinning at her words. "We're not even together.. But yeah, I'd be fine. As long as it's an 'accident'."

She sighs, playfully hitting my arm before going back to checking out the hockey players. "I've never been into hockey guys anyway."

09:30 PM
We stand in some hallway underneath the seats. After following William's careless instructions, which pretty much just said 'talk to a guy named Joe', we eventually made it here. What exactly 'here' means, we are still not really sure about.

The game ended 1-2 for Rangers, but it was fun. I'd never say that to Logan, or anyone in my Canadians-family really, but I enjoyed it.

"Oh look, humans."

I quietly laugh at Naia's ironic sentence. Turning my head to the way she's looking, I can spot three figures coming our way. I recognize the middle one as William, he's smiling at me while the other two are watching me and my friends with big eyes.

They're soon in front of us, one of them smiling bigger than the others. "I really can't believe you're real!"

The stranger stares at me, walking towards me until his arms are around my body. I try to hug him back, even though this is the weirdest situation I've ever been put into.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Elle!" He continues, finally releasing me from his tight grip.

I nod my head doubtfully. "It's nice to meet you too."

I catch Williams eyes over the stranger's shoulder, just to find out he's as amused as ever. His other black haired friend is laughing too, though both of them calm down as the stranger opens his mouth again.

"I'm actually glad that you texted me- well, Willy. He's been very exited latel-"

"Wait, Mitch?" I ask as things finally starts to make sense in my head.

"That's what people call me, yeah," he shrugs, making me smile.

"Hi."

He laughs at my words, hugging me again. "Hi bud. Wow, I really thought Willy made you up or something."

I nod, "I was just gonna say that. You look just like I imagined though. Maybe a little older."

Mitch's face lights up like the sunset after my sentence. "You think I look old?"