Chapter 7

The past two weeks had been spent by Tony's side. We were giddy together , always on cloud 9 and in our own bubble. The world didn't matter when we were together.
I was currently in my office mindlessly swinging in my chair waiting for time to pass.
I needed this day to end.
I needed to see Tony.
Lauren burst into my office and threw herself onto the chair opposite my desk.
"Where can I return my baby?"She said throwing her head back and groaning.
"I didn't sleep last night. Again !" She said closing her eyes and rubbing her temple.
"Jadens fever is just getting worse and you know what happens when he gets sick ? I get sick!" She said
I got up from my chair and walked around to her side , I put my hands on her shoulders and give her the best massage I could give.
"I'm sorry ! And you know you love that beautiful baby boy. Maybe ask Keith to say up with the baby tonight ? Let you get some rest" I said
She scoffed before speaking
"He won't help. He doesn't help at all. He's been sleeping like a baby - last night he told me to take the babies else where so we wouldn't disturb his sleep."
I couldn't help the instant anger I felt. I never liked Keith , but Lauren had always been head over heels about him ever since they met. They've been dating for 3 years and have a beautiful two year Old boy. I thought the baby would make him less of an ass - but I was wrong. It only made him more of an ass.
"At least it's Friday today. There's no work , you can focus on yourself and Jaden. Maybe even take Monday off if he isn't better by then."

She leaned into my touch and let out a deep sigh.
"You're right. I'm just so tired ! You know, I fall asleep in a client meeting today ?" She said
We both broke out laughing just at the thought of that.
That sounded embarrassing.
"Well it's a funny story to have. Think of it as a funny paragraph in your book of life" I said
I stopped massaging her , to which she let out a whine and tried to pull me back. But I walked back to my side of the desk. I grabbed my handbag and pulled out something I know she'd love.
"Dark chocolate !" She exclaimed as she grabbed the chocolate slab out of my hands.
"I got it last night , but I think you need it more than I do." I said giving her a big smile.
She returned her own large smile before standing up and coming to hug me.
"Thank you." She said
"It's always a pleasure."
***

It was finally time to leave work.
I was practically running out of the office at this rate.
I walked out into the parking lot and found him waiting for me.
He looked beautiful.
I slowly approached him , letting my eyes run over his body.
He was in semi formal attire , something I hadn't seen him in before.
He wore dark navy blue suit pants and a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
"Hey you". I said
"Hello beautiful" He said as he pulled me into his arms. I took a deep breathe inhaling his scent.
He always smelled so heavenly.
"I made you dinner ." He said excitedly. He had a big grin on his face resembling a childlike excitement.
"That's your big surprise?" I said laughing. He had been hinting non stop today about how he had a surprise for me.
"Well , Yes. I couldn't contain my excitement" he said wiggling his eyebrows.
This was a side of Tony that I was beginning to see more of. He was goofy and constantly smiling , very different from the man I have met a few weeks ago.
We got into this car and drove to his place.
This had become routine for us.
He had been dropping me off at work for the past week and I couldn't lie .. I was loving it.
Everything seem relatively normal until we got to his door and he hesitated to open it.
"I think you should close you eyes." He said
I slowly closed my eyes feeling a little suspicious.
I heard the door open and I felt Tony's hands on my waist leading me into his apartment.
I was greeted by a mix of heavenly scents that immediately made my mouth water but there was also something in the air I couldn't identify .
"Open your eyes" Tony said
I opened my eyes and was surprised to find the room dimly lit. There were candles everywhere and rose petals sprinkled onto the ground.
Tony had set up a table in the middle of the living room. Perfect for a candle lit dinner.