Chapter 17

Aubrey POV

"Don't be nervous." Tony said as he got out and ran to the other side of the limo to open my door.

I took a deep breathe before I reached for his hand and stepped outside of the car where we were immediately bombarded by flashing lights and voices shouting out for Tony.
I kept my eyes on the ground as he guided me to the red carpet.
We walked down the carpet and posed for the cameras after every couple of steps. There was a sea of photographers shouting at us and telling us how to pose. I found myself awkwardly posing and looking at Tony for any sort of help or reassurance.
I was completely out of my element.
I took a deep breathe and focused on seeming as relaxed as possible.
Smiling to the camera and trying to "smize" as well as Tyra Banks had taught me on America's next top model.

When we finally got to the end of the carpet it was time for some interviews.
We walked towards the first reporter who was a young woman accompanied by her shooting crew.
"My names Julia from entertainment live, how are you two doing tonight ?" She asked with a cheery voice that seemed so genuine that it put me at ease.
"We're doing well , think we're both a bit on edge with all this attention but we're okay." He said looking down at me and giving me a reassuring smile.
"Well the big question on everyone's mind is , are you two officially dating ?" She asked.
Tony looked down at me again seemilying prompting me to respond.
I could help but let out a small giggle as the butterflies erupted in my stomach.
"Yes we're officially dating." I said not taking my eyes off of Tony who reach down and briefly kissed my forehead.
"That's wonderful news ! I know there will be a string of heartbroken ladies after this aires. Good luck with tonight and I hope you two have a beautiful evening."
The interview was over and soon we were running though about seven more interviews. Some interviewers wanted to know everything about me, whereas others completely disregarded me.
But I didn't care. I was the happiest girl being next to Tony. Watching him navigate every interview with ease and confidence. He was charming and captivating but never revealed too much.
By the time we were walking away from the interviewers and into the grand hotel that seemed more like a Castle.
I was captivated by the architecture and interior design of the lobby and hall ways that lead to the grand hall.

The hall was breathtaking. I was lost for words as I entered the hall. It was eloquently decorated with gold accent pieces and a clear black and white theme.

"Every year they just get more dramatic with the decorations." Tony said from beside me as he also looked around the hall.
"It's beautiful." I said.

We were soon approached by person after person , everyone wanted to speak to Tony. It was weird being part of his world. Seeming him with his colleagues and friends.

"Aubrey this is James Chester and his wife Marie Chester." The couple standing in front of me looked like they had walked out of a photo shoot. James was a tall man about 6'5 with blonde hair that was sleeked back and the palest blue eyes I've ever seen. His wife was quite the opposite. She was petite with jet black hair , hazel eyes and a curvy figure.

"Hi it's nice to meet you." I said reaching out to shake their hands.

"Pleasures all mine. It's about time I meet the women this dweeb can't stop talking about." James said .
Tony playfully hit James arms and shush him making us all laugh.
Marie leaned towards me before speaking
"I love this dress !"  She said gently placing her hand on my elbow.
"Thank you , he picked it out." I said nudging my head towards Tony who was in conversation with James.
"That's shocking, I wouldn't have expected him to have such good taste."
"Neither had I. But he did well."
"I was very surprised when I saw you two together. I've never seen Tony bring a date to any event before. This is big." Marie said, I didn't miss the look of excitement that passed over her face.