Things Are Going As Planned But I'm Already Stressed

"Rin, did you know there'll be a ball in the lord's castle tomorrow?"

Yup, sort of realized that already. After all, Elizabeth me was about to depart for that event.

"Hey, Rin! You know, a duchess from the Kingdom be coming here too? Well, she's going to be a duchess in the future. Still, it's a big shot! Rare for this part of the Empire, don't you think?"

Yes, yes. I know.

"The one that was rumored to have an appearance akin to a goddess! I wonder if I could meet her? Maybe I could even marry in, and become rich! Either way, she's going to be here, you know? Isn't that exciting!?"

Okay! I get it already! Elizabeth was coming here! You didn't have to rub that in my face, oh childhood friend of Rin! I know a mess was about to explode all over my face, so you didn't have to hype it up like that! I was currently thinking about a way to handle the coming event, so stop bothering me, potential male lead!

Of the many male leads, of course one had to be Rin's childhood friend. Rin met him when she was five, so in the other words, we met today.

Out of convenience to the plot, Rin and this guy, who was shoving the "you killing Elizabeth's mother event is coming!" down my throat, would bond over a peculiar incident, and forever become inseparable childhood friends, even when they started studying in a foreign country.

Of course, it had to be today. What timing, authors of this accursed universe! Oh, what could that incident I mentioned be!? What purpose would be behind me meeting the son of a guard that so conveniently knew about an upcoming aristocrat event!? What deeper meaning was behind the ridiculous timing of me encountering him!? Such mysteries!

Ahem. Sarcasm aside, let's meet one of our male lead, shall we?

***

Much to my surprise, we didn't meet in any sort of interesting manner. As Rin, I was helping my Elizabeth brain ponder about the issue that was about to happen. Then, out of nowhere, a good looking young boy showed up out of nowhere and started bothering me.

Given, it was the first time that I had been to this part of town. Since I was able to follow after my mother without much issues, this time I was allowed to come along with her to buy animal fat, along with several other minor supplies, needed for us to last through winter.

While we were on such a trip, I was then allowed to play within this small area as my mother caught up with some of her old friends she met along the way. Not surprisingly, there were many others here that had to stock up. It was getting terribly cold this time of the year, after all.

Could I take a moment to just say how much we don't appreciate the advancement of modern humanity? I mean, these five years of reincarnating into a medieval world really taught me that! It's lucky this was a fantasy medieval world, and not a middle ages medieval world. Or I, especially the Rin body, would have died of dysentery or just too cold of a breeze a long time ago...but I digress.

Where was I? Ah, yes. Being left to my own devices. So I was just minding my own business, staring into blank space as the majority of my processing power was dedicated to Elizabeth, until he came up to me and pulled my silky black hair.

"Hey! Entertain me!"

Ugh. It's been nearly a decade and a half since I first experienced making friends with boys. In fact, making friends with five-year-olds in general was an absolute nightmare. Granted, it was quite easy back then since I was one, but now...

"Stop it!" I yelled back in pain, before giving my target a punch.

My act as a child, what do you think of it? It's good, ain't it? Right? Ugh...I feel like I lost something very important when I tried my best to be like a child over the recent years...