Here We Go Again

"It's not quite princely of you to keep bothering this innocent girl, Your Highness," I immediately stepped in before he could continue to expose Rin's me identity.

"I just find her to be quite the oddity. A coincidental oddity, even," the prince chuckled politely.

Please stop. You're seriously giving both my bodies a serious stomach ache. How would you feel if you had two stomach aches at once, huh!? One of these days, I'm going to learn a spell that makes you grow a second stomach!

"It's a big world. Perhaps you should take a look at it in detail if you find her to be an oddity."

"Oh, a cheeky one, aren't you?"

"I would never dare."

Noble etiquette was really troublesome. I despised it, in fact.

The prince peered closely at Rin me's face, as if he didn't find enough pleasure in threatening to expose me already, "Say, daughter of Bathory. If you were merely helping this girl out of kindness, then you no longer need her, correct?"

I had a bad feeling about this...

"That depends on what you plan to do with her," I suppressed my inner desire to groan out loud.

"Oh, I don't know," the prince revealed a sadistic grin. "Make her my retainer, perhaps? Seems like an interesting girl to have around."

What!? Are you sane!? You trying to push forward the doom of the world by at least a few years! What would I do if I became jealous of you, tried to stab Rin me, then you stab me back!? That's a lot of stabbing, now that I think about it. What's with the developers and stabbing?

Anyway, I refuse to allow anything to stray away from the script! I've given up way too many things for it to change now!

I sighed, "That would cause problems, to have Your Highness take a commoner as one of your servants. One from an opposing country, no less."

"Ha!" the prince snorted mockingly. "You think I care? I even lowered myself to take someone as disgraceful as you as my future spouse, so do you think something as stiff as customs bother me?"

Wh—What did you just say to me? This little...Oh, if you want to pick a fight, I'll have you know I don't shy away from one!

"Ah, as expected of Your Highness," my eyebrows were twitching, despite my best efforts to maintain a mask. "To live such a beautiful lifestyle, such as taking the first girl you see on the streets as a concubine, simply because you fancy her. My, to cast aside your wife like that. I am deeply saddened, dear."

"W-what? What kind of preposterous accusation is that?" the usually boastful prince reddened considerably.

Oh? Well, well. It seems even the scheming little prince was still a young little boy. This shall be payback for all the rough stomach aches you've given me!

"Not an accusation at all. I was merely..."

Oh dear. What a scene of carnage this was. Time to run before I get dragged into any of this. Hope you can handle this well, Elizabeth me!

As they say, of all the thirty-six stratagems, fleeing was the best!

***

Alright, I'm finally out of that mess. Well, technically I wasn't. Even now, the voices of the argument was threatening to leak into my mind. No no. It was no good to think of these matters. Let's walk on before I get consumed by that madness...

I walked through the streets of the capital, pausing at intervals to observe oddities that I had not seen in any of my three lives.  Occasionally, there would be stares sent my way, but I could understand why. Even for the melting pot that was the Kingdom's capital, seeing a little girl from the Empire, alone, was definitely quite strange.

Still, no suspicious individuals seemed to approach me. I wonder why? Could it be the  swords I'm carrying? Or was the guards in this city that effective?

Anyway, I eventually found myself at the destination I had been seeking in this city. Through all the odd stalls and shops, up on a small hill, stood the institute for learning.

Atop the gates was a crest, one that was quite bizarre if I do say so myself. If it was of a snake arranged in a circle, with its mouth eating its tail. The snake was eating itself, to put it simply. Quite a strange choice for a place meant for education, but I suppose I could understand it somewhat, based on the meaning of the symbol.

Ouroboros Academy, huh. Who knew this unsuspecting academy would contain such dangerous secrets to the world? Poor management, if you ask me. The Kingdom should manage their skeletons a bit better! It wasn't skeletons in their closet now, they were scattered all over their room!

As I was slightly lost in my mental complaints, a voice and a gentle tap to my shoulder pulled me out of my silent complaining.

A voice that, for better or worse, I recognized. Actually, scratch that. It was definitely for worse.

"Hey. Are you lost?"

That gentle voice caused my stomach to sink into the depths of the abyss, as if my digestive organ wasn't far enough into the crust of the earth already.

This was beyond ridiculous! Why would I meet him in a situation like this!? Just what kind of absurd script did you write, damn people on the story board! This was unreasonable!

Ah. 

Really.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I swallowed whatever dread that was spewing out of my throat, forcing it back down. Containing my desire to shout, I slowly turned around to the "kind" individual who had called out to me.

...Here we go again.