Chapter 9

Both me and Peter decide that we want Italian food for today. So, Peter drives us to our favorite Italian restaurant not far from my office.

I choose pasta and red wine when Peter decides that he want something other pasta and a beer. After we put our order, Peter put both of his arms on the table and raised his eyebrow, looking at me.

“What?” I asked him and raised my eyebrow also.

Peter exhaled his breath,” Did something happen between you and Ian Woods, Irène?” he asked.

He sounds jealous but I think it’s just because I never told him the truth. I look at the table which suddenly got my best interest.

"Nothing happen between us. That’s all I can assure you, Peter.”

I could see some disappointment on Peter’s eyes but I don’t think that I owe him that much of explanation.

Soon, our food comes and we dig into our food silently. I know that somehow I need to tell Peter and Jean but I don’t know how, even though Ian is already getting into the picture once again.

“I do really hope someday you will tell me everything from your past.” Said Peter once he stops in front of my building.

I shook my head, "Peter, there is nothing that matter from my past. It’s not your business to dig into it, okay?”

“I care about you Irène and I care about Bèlle.”

“And I’m so thankful for that. I know you care about me and Bèlle but doesn’t mean make you have any responsible on getting to know my past. Jean didn’t pushing me about it but why you now, Peter? By coming back to here, it’s already put a lot of things on my plate. Don’t add more burden on me, please.” I said to him and open my door.

I waited for Peter to say something but none, so I slam the door and going straight to my office. All of this happens because of that ass; I won’t let him make his way into my new life not when there is Bèlle in it.

Never.

I put my bag on my sofa and going straight to my working chair and starting to read all those document that important when my office phone ringing.

I press the green button, "Ms. Wolfs, there is someone who wants to meet you.”

I close my eyes for a moment, “Who is it?”

“Uhm…she said her name in Willow Anderson.”

“Yeah, Okay.”

I took a deep breath, why everyone suddenly coming back into my life? First Clyde then Ian and now Willow.

I never have any hard feelings towards her but I’m not ready to see her so sudden. I took a very deep breath and the next second I see my secretary come with Willow behind her.

For a minute I look at Willow, she does change but her changes are good things. I think marriage life fit her though.

After my secretary closes the door, I can’t help but cry and hugging Willow so tight. I could hear Willow chuckled and the next second she is also crying with me. After we done with our crying parade, I dragged Willow to sit on the sofa.

Willow looking at me for a minute before smile grows on her face.

“I never thought that we will meet again.” She said to me.

The sweet sweet Willow always able to make me smile. “Me neither. So many things happen but I never imagine if you still want to see me.” I told her.

Willow shook her head, “Irène, you know that you are a sister for me. So, no matter what happens we still a sister for life.” She said to me.

I nodded my head, “So how can you know that I’m back?” I asked her this time.

“I got to know from three different peoples, first, I manage to force Clyde to spill the secret that he had with you, second; I happen eavesdropping Sky talking with Ian about you and last one, you know it exactly. Ian, seems like he found his purpose in life again and he keep talking about you to Clyde and Sky.” She said to me.

I only nodded my head, “So, how is marriage life?” I asked her.

I try to differ the Ian’s topic because I don’t want to hear his name now. Willow somehow thinking for a while before she smiles broadly.

"I never thought that I will enjoy marriage life as much as I do. Of course me and Clyde sometimes want to rip each other throats but we are so grateful for everything that we have now.”
I can’t help but laugh at her, “And you have a really handsome son.”

Willow nodded her head, “Yes, yes, we are so lucky to have him. North will be a heartbreaker just like his father. But somehow he got his father attitude which is pain in the ass.” Willow said and I nodded my head.

“I could see it clearly, indeed he look like Clyde.” I told her agree.

We talked for about two hours before Willow got a phone call from Clyde, asking where she is and if she is forgot to picking up North from his football practice.

“OMG! I forgot to picking up North! He called Clyde and Clyde is panic now. So, I need to go now and I will catch you again soon, okay!? Bye!!”

Willow literally screams all the way from the lift and I only could wave my hands towards her.

“Please don’t let anyone come into my office again. I’m busy.”

My secretary nodded her head and I close my office’s door. Hell, I got a lot of things that I need to be done today.

••••

It’s been like two weeks since Willow came into my office and since Ian barged into my office and made another trouble for me. For the last two weeks also, I feel like I don’t have any time for my daughter, but Bèlle is so lovely and always understand my position.

My mother also helping me to taking care Bèlle by driving and picking her up from her school and ballet class.

“Mr. Woods you can’t come to Mrs. Wolfs office just like th----"

I look at my door which is got slammed pretty hard toward the wall behind it and makes a laud sounds that’s enough to make everyone wince and curious with what happen.

I look at my secretary who stood like a stone and trying to open her mouth but she can’t say anything while Ian looking at me with his furious eyes.

“You can close the door.” I said to my secretary who runs from my office instantly.

After we got the privacy, I look at the man in front of me and raised my eyebrow. Ian exhaled his breath, “You hide something from me, Irène.” Said Ian to me and at the same time I’m afraid that Ian knows about Bèlle.

“What did I hide from you Mr. Woods? All the reports are real and you could check it out.” I said to him calmly.

I don’t want him to know that I got intimidated by him.

Ian throw a folder toward my table and I furrow my eyebrow before took it. I look at my photos while I was in London and my florist, my time with Jean and Peter but there is no picture that included Bèlle.

I took a deep breath.

“So?” I asked him

“After all this time you are in London with that Peter guy?!”

I shrugged my shoulders, “It’s not your business, isn’t it?” I asked him again but the next thing that Ian throws toward me is enough to make me close my mouth.

There is it….the picture of Bèlle and the copy about her birth certificate.

“You hide my daughter from me for 4 years, Mrs. Wolfs.”

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Wowww! finally Ian knows about Bèlle and what would happen next ??

I know it's cliffhanger but I can't help it to make you guys curious about it 😈

The next chapter will be up soon maybe later, I don't know but it will be on this day..

So then don't forget to add Two Hearts & One Life into your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!

Until then,
Love ♡♡♡
M.F
Xoxoxoxoxo