Chapter 35

Ian Pov:

After spending all evening running around and playing as a prince with Bèlle, I know I look like a prince charming still, I feel exhausted. Bèlle sit in front of the TV and watching We Bare Bears quietly. I know that she is tired after running around, I took my beer and sit on kitchen counter, checking my email and do some works that need to be done.

After spending an hour in the kitchen, I decide to spend my time with Bèlle and movie but when I see her, she already fall asleep and the TV is still on.

I look at her, my little princess. She has Irène looks and that’s I’m so grateful about but if you talk to her, she got my attitude and that’s what I want for her. Face just like her beautiful mother and fierce attitude comes from me or maybe also her mother.

I look at the clock, ten p.m. I decide that I will drop her on Irène’s place because tomorrow she have school and I forgot to bring her clothes for tomorrow. I know that Bèlle doesn’t like it when she need to wear the same clothes for tomorrow. I don’t want to hear her ranting about it, so I think the right thing to do is drop her back to Irene and everything will be fine.

I took her in my arms and put her on passenger seat and buckle her up. After I’m sure that she is safe, I got my seat and start the car.

I drive slow because I don’t want her to wake up. I park my car in front of the door and one of the maids open the door for me. I could see Willow’s car and I think the other one is belong to Jean.

I took Bèlle once again and hold her.

“Is there a party ?” I asked the maid.

She shook her head, “No, Sir. It’s Ms. Wolfs and Ms. Anderson, and Ms. Collins having wine and chats.” She told me.

I nod my head and bring Bèlle to her room.

I put her on her bed and look around her room. A lot of books, teddy bears, and the wall is pink pastel color. Typical Irène. I give her goodnight kiss before turn off her lamp and close the door quietly. I walked through the corridor and I ended in front of the kitchen.

“No, we haven’t really talked about it but I think that we are on the same page. I mean we don’t really need those words like ‘yes, we are dating’ or like that. We are not that young.” I hear Irène talk to her friends.

Ah so they talked about me and our relationship then.

I look at Willow who pointed her finger at Irène, “Then first you should talk about it. You can’t be sure that you guys already on the same page.”
I can’t help but nod my head like I becoming part of their conversations.

“But, you know Ian. We do what couple do.” Irène say again and I could hear confusion on her voices.

For a moment neither one of them say anything. I wait patiently behind the door, “Then you should take the lead.” Jean told her easily.

I like her, I look at Irène who realize what she mean. Irène shook my head quickly and now, Willow raised her eyebrow at Irène.

“You’ve been so sure about it, it is fine to drop the bomb to Ian.” Willow say easily.

Yea thank God, I’ve eaves dropping their conversations so I could prepare myself.

“You guys literally ask me to commit suicide.” Irène said hopelessly.

Of course you are not baby, I think to myself.

“We are not, we want you to be happy and you need to take care of it for your own sake. Ask him to marry you, if he really change then he will agree with you and BAMN! Wedding bell ringing.” Jean said again.

Is that what they want ?

Oh I could make it happen for sure. I won’t waste any more time to be with her.

Hell, I will marry her this exact time.

For a while, I don’t hear anyone say anything. I can’t help but hold my breath and look at Irène.

Oh God, she look so beautiful and blossom just like a rose.

Yeah, you turn into a sappy little shit, Ian.

I shook my head and then I heard Irène said, “I’ve got nothing to lose.”

Wait WHAT ?!

Willow look at her and Jean seems agree with Irène. Willow now give Jean a glass of water because she almost drunk very hard.

“You guys right. I just need to pop up the questions and then we could be on the same page. So far everything that we do it’s not enough. I need to take this chance. I will asked him to marry me and he must be agree with it. I don’t want to waste more time. If he already change then he will agree with me but if he doesn’t….I guess I need to drag him out and force him to marry me. I need him after all this craziness..”

I can’t help but smile widely.

Oh, My Irene got all feisty, I like this side of her.

She gonna take the lead but I don’t want that.

But still it’s sexy to see her taking control over you, right ?

For this time I agree with my subconscious.

“Oh trust me, you don’t have to drag him to Vegas to marry you.” Willow said to her after sometimes. 

You are right sister, I don’t want to go to Vegas, and I want Irene to have her dream wedding. She deserved more just like what she always said.

“Yeah, he is head over heels for you.” Jean agreed with Willow.

Hell, I am.

I do love these girls! Should I buy some present for both of them ? I would give them anything for helping me and Irène.

They talked again for sometimes but then one of the butlers caught me. He put his hands on my shoulders and I can’t help but turn around and almost screaming like a little girl.

I will make sure I won’t let him work with us later.

“What ?” I asked him annoyed.

“Why you standing behind the doors, master ?” he asked me.

Now, Irène, Willow, and Jean look towards the door and I can’t help but getting out from my hiding space.

Willow give me her smirks. I think she knows that I heard what they said before. Irène seems shocked and only blinking her eyes. Jean clap her hands excitedly.

“Willow, I think it’s our cue to leave the love birds for the night! Come on!” Jean said happily and pull Willow’s hand.

When they passing me, Willow give me her wide smile, “I see you standing behind the door for last ten minutes. By the way you are always sucks to find a hiding place. Lucky that Irene is not that smart either to look at you behind the door.” She said.

I rolled my eyes, “Just go will ya ?” I asked her.

Willow and Jean leaving me and Irène alone while that butler of her decide to end his night after ruin my hiding façade.

Either me or Irène didn’t say anything after that. I think I need to push her now, “Well, why don’t you popping up the question now ?” I asked her while raising my eyebrows at her.

Irène open her mouth but nothing comes out from her mouth. She is embarrassed and I could see her cheek got red.

She is blushing!

“Well ?”

Irène shook her head, “We are not talking about you, you know.” She said this time.

She won’t look at me, I know that she is lying to me.

Oh I like to make her shy like this.

Thinking that she could take the control but look at her now.

“I think that I heard you want to drag me to Vegas if I refuse to marry you ?” I asked her.

Irène turn her body and keep her hands busy with glasses and other things.

“It’s just a joke. I’m just joking, you know. You know I won’t do that…ever..” She said to me with her awkward laugh.

I nod my head, “Yeah…So you will wait another two years then ?” I asked her.

I could see her body got stiffed.

Oh! I hit the nerve.

Irène didn’t say anything for other minutes. So I think this is the perfect time. I took the box that have the ring that I want her to have.

Yes, I bring it with me everywhere and lucky because I bring it now.

I go on one knees and when Irène turn her body, ready to blow up, she look like struck by lightning.

I could hear her gasp and her hands comes to her mouth.

Yeah, I think this is the expressions that I want to see from her.