Chapter 24

Early in the morning, one of the maids knocking on my room door and tell me there is a bucket of red roses downstairs with a letter on it. I walk downstairs and my mom is already staring at the red roses.

“I’m wondering from who this beautiful baby.” She says to me and I took the letter from her hand.

I hope you like the roses and will give me my answer, Irène.

Peter xx

I exhale my breath, really great to start my day. My mom raised her eyebrow at me.

“It’s Peter.” I told her vaguely and go to the kitchen.

When I’m waiting for my coffee there is bell ringing and one of the maid go to open the door. The next minute, she come back with another bucket of flower and this time much bigger and full with my favorite flowers instead of red roses.

I do like red roses but when it comes to lily calla, white roses, daisy, and freesia I can’t help but being a loser.

“Ms. Wolfs, there is another flower for you…?” she told me sound like she asking me instead.

I tell her to put it on the table in front of me. I took the card.

Remember the deadline, Irène
You know how much impatient I am.

Ian Woods.

What’s wrong with these men today?

My mom now looks amused to see me with this entire flower. “Honey, I think that you could open your florist again if they keep sends you these flowers.” She said and I only rolled my eyes at her.

“I will fix all this shit today. I will go for a while, if Belle wakes up please help her to prepare for today.” I told my mother.

She walks behind me, “What do you mean, dear ?”

I exhaled my breath, “Mom, Peter declared his love to me a week ago and then Ian wants to make us happen again. Peter gives me  a week but he keeps bugging me with it, then I told Ian about it because I don’t know how to fix this but he instead gives me another deadline which is today, when I don’t even know what I want!” I got frustrated with this.

My mother now hugging me, “One thing that I know that is Peter never been in your heart like Ian was. I hope that’s enough to help you to decide.” Whisper my mother and she kisses my head.

“It’s not enough, mom.” I told her but walk back to my room.

I send a short text to Peter to have a morning coffee near my home and he agreed with it. I guess I know what I want for now, neither Ian or Peter like or not I will do it anyway.

••••

I look outside and see a lot of people walking through the street with their breakfast, coffee or news paper. My thoughts got interrupted when Peter come and give me a kiss on my cheek. I smile at him.

“Maybe you want to order something ?” I told him but he shook his head.

“I want to hear it now.” He said to me.

I nodded my head…Well I guess I need to say it now.

Hope that I’m not doing anything that I will regret later.

••••

“Mommy! Grandma said that we will have a lunch date with other family.” Bèlle comes to me when I open the front door.

I smile when I look at her. She seems so ready for meeting her father even though she doesn’t know it yet.

I give her a hug,”Yeah, are you excited ?” I asked her.

Every time I see her or hug and kiss her I feel like I could do anything and everything will be okay. The strange power at she has towards me.

Bèlle now nodded her head, “When we gonna leave ?” she asked me.

I look at my wrist watch, 10.30…

“Around 11, I need to take shower and getting ready actually. Did you have your breakfast already ?” I asked her.

I took her hand with me. She nods her head “I eat ten pancakes with those berries and have a glass of milk. Why you go early in the morning, mommy ?” she asked me and I look at her.

“I need to deliver some files to my friends but everything is done now. I’m sorry for leaving you and not being there when you wake up.” I told her and make her sit on my bed.

Bèlle shook her head, “No, you are my super mother!” she told me and I can’t help but let my tears comes out.