Chapter 17

I already waking up early morning and decide that I need to run for an at least twenty minutes to clear my mind. I already packed everything that I need for the trip and I keep telling myself that everything will be exactly like this after this trip. I won’t change my mind when it comes to my relationship to Ian but I will let him present on Bèlle’s life that’s the far way that I could go.

My feet got stop when I somehow hitting someone chest and lucky for me because the man put his arm around my waist so I’m not hitting the ground.

“I’m so sorry!” I said to the man but I got shocked when I see Peter in front of me.

How can’t I don’t know it’s him ?

See that’s what Ian do to me, I won’t let him get into me again.

Peter knows looking at me,”Hi.” He said breathlessly and I reply his greetings with a nod.

“You never run before ?” I asked him again.

Peter rubs his neck,”Uhm…I kind of hoping that maybe I could talk to you ?” he said to me.

I raised my eyebrow.

How can he running related to him want to talk----OH!

“Don’t said that you are running in here only to hoping to bump into me, so we could talk ?” I asked him.

I could see his cheek get a little bit red but I ignore it. Peter nodded his head,"Yeah..I did that.” He said to me.

“You won’t reply my texts or answering my phone…So, I think this is the last effort for me to talk to you.” He said again.

I nodded my head,"Uhm, I want to apologize about the other day..” Peter said again.

I only look at him, “Irène, I don’t know what should I do when I know about Ian and you sharing the same history.. I’m….” Peter just stop there and he look so embarrassed.

“You what, Peter ?” I asked him

“I care about you….and Bèlle.” He said not surely.

I know that there is more that he want to say than about him caring with me and Belle is not what he wants to tell me over this apologize.

“You want to say something more than that you care with me and Bèlle.”

Peter exhaled his breath, “I…I don’t…Hell..Irène, I like you, okay!?” he shouted at me frustrated.

At the same minute, I hold my breath and my eyes bulged. Peter….like me…as a….

“I like you too…as a friend.” I said, trying to differ his mind but Peter shook his head.

“I like you as a man who want to take a woman on a date and having to know each other more.” He said again.

I exhaled my breath.

Wow! I need to deal with Ian in a couple of hours, work, DNA test, and know Peter somehow declare his feeling towards me.

What a fuckingtastic day I have!

“Peter, I don’t know…wow, I just..I don’t know what I need to say to you on this matter.” I told him calmly while I could feel my hand trembling.

Peter looking into my eyes and put both of his arms on my shoulders, “I do want you to give me a chance to take you on a date but I know this is a shock for you and I want you to think about it and please don’t ignore me anymore.” He said to me.

I look back at him, “I have Bèlle with me and Ian will be there also..You won’t deal only with me but Bèlle and Ian as her father. It’s not easy, you just care at me as a friend not as a man who wants to take a woman to a date. Peter, you just confuse this idea---"

“I’m not, Irène. I am not. I like you from the very first time Jean introduce me to you but I know you have a lot on your plate that time so I wait and wait…” he said.

“I don’t know what to say..I’m not for you, Peter really. You are like my brother...”

“No, I want you to think about it. I will give you a week and then we talk about this, okay ? Think over it as another chance for you to feel those feeling again, please.”

I can’t hurt him like this. I need to think over and try to find the right way to told him that I’m not the one.