Chapter 10

I know that I’m screwed the time I look at Bèlle’s photo and documents but I will do anything to make Bèlle safe.

I took the paper and shook my head, “Bèlle is my daughter and she is not yours.” I told him again.

Praying that Ian will trust me but of course he won’t trust anything that comes from my mouth.

“Yeah, not mine? How old is she Irène? And don’t you dare lie to me about her age.” Ian said to me.

I took a deep breath and standing up from my chair, “She is four years old.” I said to him and Ian nodded his head.

“And could you do a simple math?” asked Ian and I shook my head.

“I could sleep with other man after I left you for all you know.” I said again.

“Just be honest with me, Irène. If that girl is my daughter then I deserve to know her and you took that from me.” Ian said to me, for a minute I could see his eyes pleading to me but I shook my head.

I won’t let him ruin my baby life.

“She is not yours, Ian. She is never being yours.”

“So you said that you slept with Peter? Is he the father?”

Ian’s questions make me shocked but I need to make a fast decision about that.

I nodded my head,"Y-y-yeah.” I said to him but I can’t look into his eyes.

Ian exhaled a deep breath, “You lie to me again Irène. Two chances. I demand a paternity test for me and Bèlle or else...”

“What else Ian?” I asked him now.

My tears are nearly fall but I won’t let that happen in front of him. Enough is enough, I shouldn’t coming back home.

“Or I will send a letter from my attorney. It’s your choice, to grand my wish or bring this to the court and you will ruin Bèlle’s childhood.” Said Ian and leaving me standing alone in my office.

After Ian left, I can’t help but crying so hard and I fall to the ground. What should I do now?

Ian is not stupid, he knows Bèlle is his daughter and he won’t stop until he got a chance to know her. Oh God, what should I do?

I don’t want to ruin Bèlle childhood by making her going back and forth to the court only because my selfishness.

My crying gets stopped when I see Jean come to my office and she running towards me and hug me.

“Oh my god! What happen to you Irène? I thought that I’m gonna give you a surprise but you surprise me instead.” She said to me and makes me sit on the couch.

“I’m screwed, Jean…So, damn screwed!” I told her but Jean only looking at me confuse.

I think this the time for me to tell Jean about my past.

I took a deep breath, “Jean, I know you are my best friend and you helping me a lot but I never told you about my past completely.” I told her and she nodded her head not surely with what I’m about to say to her.

“Bèlle’s father…..”

“What happen with him?” asked her again.

“Bèlle’s father is…..Ian…Ian Woods.” I told her and for a while no one makes any noise.

Jean took a deep breath and exhales before she turns to me, “Did you say that Ian Woods as in Woods Enterprise? You are dating him and got pregnant….But why you left him, Irène?” Jean asked me.

I don’t want to relive those night but I need to if I want Jean to know.

I told her about how Ian didn’t want a marriage and expecting me to always being with him without a marriage. I give up so much for this man but never once he granted my wish by having a happy marriage life. Ian is too afraid with commitment and he don’t want to have any commitment no matter how long we’ve been together and I’ve had enough with that I want to be happy and I deserve to be happy.

“Wow, I don’t know a billionaire like him having a commitment issues. But what happen now Irène?”

“He knows about Bèlle and demand to have a paternity test or he will bring this up to the court. I don’t want Bèlle getting confuse about this and I’m so lost.” I said to her.

Jean now nodded her head. “Maybe both of you could talk this out and find a way to deal with this? Listen, Irène…I don’t know what exactly happen on your mind or on his mind but please thinking about Bèlle. She is all you guys got.”

“I don’t want to get back to him again…” I said quietly.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want it but somehow Bèlle needs her father when she is grown up. Peter is not enough for her because her real father is here and you could lose her if you keep stubborn like this. Man like Ian won’t stop when it comes to his rights and we know also that you already hide and took away his rights on Bèlle.”

“Why you took on his side, Jean?” I asked her this time but Jean shook her head.

“I’m not taking anyone side. But I learnt about law and your position on this matter is not good except you openly let Ian comes into Bèlle’s life. I know you are protective towards Bèlle but it will cost you more than your protectiveness. You could lost Bèlle if Ian seriously taking this matter to the court.”

I exhaled my breath, “I don’t know what to do. I’m tired.” I said again.

Jean now rubbing my arms. “Then, you should go back home, take a hot shower and relax. Enjoy your time with Bèlle and talk about this with your parents; I believe that they will help you to find the right way.” She said to me.

I nodded my head and taking my bag and some of the files.

“Irène…”

I look at Jean and pointing towards the files that I take.

“Leave it here. You don’t need them now.” She said. I’m about to argue but Jean give me her look and I know that I need to leave my files in here.

I put it back on my table and going out together with Jean.

I told my secretary that I will leave early and to cancel the rest of the appointment for today.
I need to figure this out soon or I will truly screw.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Chapter 10 for my beautiful readers!

Please don't forget to add Two Hearts & One Life into your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!

Until then,
Love ♡♡♡
M.F
Xoxoxoxoxo