Chapter 15

Early morning, I dropped Bèlle to her school because today they have a field trip to our local museum. Bèlle is really excited with it and she can’t stop talking over and over about her trip.

I opened Bèlle’s door and help her to get rid of her seatbelt and took her baby pink bag. Bèlle standing up waiting for me patiently and hold my hand when I’m done locking my car.

“If I like the museum then I will bring you there too this weekend, mom.” She said to me.

I’m laughing at her. “I will wait for it. Mommy trusts your instinct.” I told her and she nodded her head.

When we meet with Bèlle’s teacher, I help Bèlle wear her bag and Bèlle kissing my cheek.

“Bye mommy!” She said to me and waving her hand.

“Bye baby! I’ll see you tonight.” I said to her.

“Ms. Clarissa, I hope you still could stand up with her.” I told Mrs. Clarissa after we let Bèlle get into the building.

“Oh trust me, Ms. Wolfs; I still got a full energy for her. However, she is indeed a smart little girl and really appropriate.” Said Mrs. Clarissa to me.

After we talked more about Bèlle some more, I decide that it’s time for me to go to my office.

Today is a big day for me, because I will let him get his paternity test that he wants. I drove to my office in a calm atmosphere and when I arrived at the office, I straightly get into my office and decide to call Ian as soon as I can.
I look at the scenery from my office and taking a deep breath.

“You can do this, Irene. It’s for Belle’s sake.” I told my own self.

Knocking on my door pull me from my day dreamed. My secretary comes to me and put some files on my desk.

“Good morning, Ms. Wolfs. Today agenda, you have another meeting with Mr. Woods, he request another meeting yesterday after your short meeting with him. Then after that you have a meeting HR department, they have some new approach on recruiting and then lastly I hope you already decide about invitation about charity gala. I need to send the RSVP today.”

I nodded my head, “Okay, uhm...what time Mr. Woods will come?” I asked her.

“Around nine…”

I nodded my head once again and let my secretary do her job. I look at the invitation that has been on my desk for two weeks.

Charity Gala, it’s an annual event and usually a lot of businessman will have a new deal through this event.

I give the RSVP to my secretary after I decide to attend that gala. When I’m about to go back to my office, I hear Ian voices.

“Mr. Woods, good morning. Let me---"

“Please come, Mr. Woods.” I said cutting off my secretary.

Ian quietly following mw to my office. I close the door and Ian took a seat on the sofa.

“First of all, I want to tell you something.” I said to him and took a place on in front of him. Ian raised his eyebrow at me.

“I will grand your wish for doing a paternity test, but I have some conditions.” I said to him. Ian seems okay with the conditions because he nodded his head.

“Shoot.”

“We will do the paternity test on the hospital that we choose. I want you not to tell Bèlle about this when you meet her. We will gonna tell her if you her father after we got the result and we should think how should we tell her. I don’t want her to get confuse. All I ever said to her about her father is that he is going on a really far trip and can’t go back home, so yeah, I don’t said to her that her father is dead. After that we will arrange about Bŕlle life after we told her, so I think we could do that later.”

Ian nodded his head, “So she won’t know about the test, but how can I trust you? You could bring other people sample?”

“Ian, I’m not that type of person. You know that. I won’t back up from what I already said. I want everything that the best for my daughter and if let her knowing and could spend her time with her father is the right thing then I will do that. I admit that it is my fault that I hide her from you and this is the only way that I know to fix it. So please, have some faith on me.”

Ian exhaled his breath.

“You know I always have faith in you but since you left me and hide this…I don’t know, Irène.”

“Just have some faith in Bèlle then, not me. It’s not about me but Bèlle. I keep my words and I won’t back out or cheating on this matter.” I told him firmly.

After a silent for a full one minute, finally Ian agrees with me and he nodded his head.

“For Bèlle it is.” He said and I node head.

“Now, let’s get to work and talk about your project.” I said to him formally.

••••

I pulled off my glasses and look at the clock on my phone, it’s already nine o’clock. I worked way too hard today but I managed to finish a lot of files and deals. I decide to end the day and took my handbag, ready to go home.

There is no one in the building except the security. I took out my car keys and about to open my car when someone decide to pay me a visit.

Peter.

“Oh my god! Peter!” I shouted at him.

Peter laughing so hard and he walked towards me. He walked weirdly but then it comes to me that he is drunk.

“Peter, are you drunk?” I asked him but he shook his head.

“Irène my love, Irène.” He said slurring.

Yep, he is so freaking drunk.

Peter never get this hard when it comes to drink but I don’t know what happen with his life recently because I hardly talk to him after he met with Ian back at my office.

When he already near me, Peter quickly hugging me and make me about to fall backwards. I hug him back,"Ok, you are so drunk. You never drunk before. I should drive you home.” I told him but he hold my hands and looking into my eyes.

“Why you always avoiding me, Irène?” he asked me.

What the hell is he talking about?

“Peter I am not avoiding you, okay? Here let me drive you----"

My speech got cut when Peter decides to kiss me. My eyes got wide and I tried to push him away from me but he won’t bulge. His hands now trapping me by circled around my waist and he put his face on my neck, kissing my neck.

“Peter, what the fuck is wrong with you ?!” I screamed at him and finally I could get free from his death gripped.

Peter now laughing like a maniac.

“You! Irène is a slut you know! You always act like a saint when the truth is you fuck that CEO called Ian Woods and have his baby! You whoring around but when I kiss you just like that you screaming like you never got that kind of act! If that Ian could have you and knocked you up then so am I, don’t you think ? I love you all this time but you keep act like I’m your best friend  and you keep tell me all the bullshit! I’m a man and I always look you as an object for me has sex with! I want you to be mine so I can bang yo----"

I can’t listen to his filthy mouth anymore, so I slapped him hard until everyone could see my hand print on his cheek.

“I thought you are a gentleman, Peter. But this is what you thought about me after all this time huh? Glad to know that.”

For minute, Peter blinked his eyes a couple of times. He look at me and I know he realize how fucked up he is.

I shook my head, “You better go now.” I said to him and open my car.

Peter once again hold my wrist, “Irène, fuck…I’m sorry. I never meant that! I’m drunk!” he said frantically.

“Yeah, but drunk people always voicing out their sober mind. So thank you.” I told him, taking my hand from his hold and quickly get into my car and drive from my building.

What the hell is happen with my life ?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hi!
Sorry I haven't been active and updating the story because I've got a lot of things happening that need my attention.

So, my grandma got hospitalized and her condition is not really good, so I hope you guys could pray for her. My mom flying over to be with her but I need to stay at home with my dad to make sure everything good at home.

That's why I haven't been update and active in here..but I'll try my best to do more update start from tomorrow.

I want to say big thank you to everyone who still stick with my story...THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will do updates again tomorrow until then please don't forget to add Two Hearts & One Life into your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT, AND SHARE!

Love,
M.F ♡♡♡
XOXOXOXOXO