Chapter 20

Both me and Ian have a quick lunch in one of local restaurant and after that Ian dropped me at the hotel saying that he have meeting to attend.

We agreed that we will find a way to tell Belle about Ian but I asked him for that time, I don’t know maybe about a week or more after we find out the result.

I took my time to take a relax time with lavender bath bomb and after with a glass o wine when I heard knocking on my door.

I quickly stand up and wearing my bathrobe. I run towards the door and when I open the door I got surprised when I see Ian with a woman who has her hand sneaking around Ian’s waist.

“I think you go to the wrong room.” I told her.

“Irène! Baby!” Ian shouts suddenly and I could smell alcohol on his breath.

“He leads me to this room maybe you are on the wrong room instead.” Said the woman.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

“Yeah ? How about you get lost ? I don’t have a time to deal with you.” I told her. I’m about to close the door when Ian put his hand.

“No..baaaddd, Irèèènneee.” He slurred and I can’t help but rolled my eyes.

“Hello move back.”

“You go out from here and let me take care of this mess.” I told her.

The woman now rolled her eyes and quickly throwing Ian towards me. I try to balance myself and him.

“You just really pain in the ass.” I said to Ian but he laughing so hard.

“You know what that woman and I have a make out session but---"

“Meeting my ass.”

I cut him off and put him on the sofa. I’m about to leave him there but then when I look at him who already sleep on the sofa, I can’t help but feel that I need to taking care of him.

So, I took his hand and put it around my shoulders and trying to take him up and towards my bed.

Ian is literally huge and I’m not but somehow I managed to bring him to my bed. I help him to taking off his suit, open up his shirt button, taking off his shoes and socks.

“Irène…” he said again.

I look at him but shook my head.

“Do you know how afraid I am when I know that you are gone from my life?”

I keep looking at him, I don’t want to make any sounds.

“Remember when I told you that I feel it like something bad will be happening ? Hey, you manage to making me sure that everything is fine and we are gonna be okay but stupid me for leaving you alone and losing you next. Stupid me because I can’t find you any sooner and meeting my daughter. Stupid me for disappointed you and her and my family, yours too. I try to find a reason, one reason to make me hate you because you left and you hide Bèlle from me but you know what ?”

I can’t help but let my tears comes out. I shook my head, hoping that Ian will be understanding my silent.

“I can’t even find one fucking reason for hating you. I always find other reasons for hating and blaming myself instead of you.” He said.

His eyes still close but everything that comes out from his mouth is nothing but the truth.

When Ian about to open his mouth again, I decide that it’s enough. I put my hand on his head.

“Shhh…It’s okay. We will talk tomorrow. Now go to sleep, Ian.” I whispered on his ear.

Ian got relax and I’m about to stand up when he hold his hand on my wrist.

“Stay with me, don’t leave me again. Not now.”

I wake up early in the morning, Ian is still asleep with his hand warmly around my body. I can’t help but look at his face. He looks so peaceful but I never know how much burden he has since the day I left him. I never asked him how is he now after we met again. I keep fighting with him but I realized that I never once asked him about his life.

I took his arm around me quietly and put a pillow, then I walked out from the room towards the kitchen. I order breakfast for both us and make a cup of coffee.

I think I need to talk to him more seriously about us. Maybe we discover about what we gonna do with Bèlle but not with us.

My thoughts get cut when my iPhone ringing and I saw Peter face on it. I took a really deep breath.

“Hi, Peter.” I said to him.

“Hi, Irène. How are you ? I haven’t heard anything from you.” He asked me and I look at my coffee cup.

“Irène ?”

“Oh yeah, I’m busy. I find it’s a lot of help being on the site to see the financial situation.”

“That’s good then.”

“Yeah..yeah.” I said again awkwardly.

“Irène, I know that I told you that I want the answer in one week. I know there are still two days but can you at least tell me that you already thought about it ?” Peter asked me.

This is the most dreaded questions that I’m waiting from him.

“Give me another time, Peter. I will tell you as soon as I figure it out my feelings.” I told him quietly.

At the same time, I look Ian who walks from my rooms towards kitchen.

“Uhm, I need to go now. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.” I told Peter and quickly ended out phone call.

Ian looks at me but say nothing. I think his hangover kick in. I take some Tylenol and a glass of water for him. He took it and drinks it quietly.

“Uhm, do you want coffee ?” I asked him and he nodded his head.

I make his coffee while he sits on the counter. I have my behind on him, “Irène..?” he called me. I turn towards him.

“Yeah?”

“Did I do something stupid last night ?” he asked me with his eyes on me.

I look at him, “What do you remember from last night ?” I asked him again.

He shook his head. “I got drunk ?” he asked not sure.

“I will tell you all I know. You dropped me off at the hotel said that there is meeting you need to attend but the next thing I know you showed up in front of my room door with a slut who has her hands around you asking me to get out from my own room because she can’t wait to get shag.” I told him harshly.

He looks at me sometimes, “I’m sorry for make you uncomfortable.”

“Uncomfortable ? You are freaking lie to me, Ian!” I shout at him. I don’t even know why I shout at him.

Ian closes his eyes, “Could you please just stop screaming.”

“I can’t believe that I need to talk to you.” I said again and leave him alone.

I could hear Ian’s foot steps behind me, “Irene why you mad at me ?!” he asked me. And on that exact time I lost my voice.

Yes, why I get mad at him ?