Chapter 12

Irène Pov:

I took my morning time by having breakfast with my baby girl, and drive her to her school. Bèlle talk about her school so much and I can’t help but feeling guilty from hiding the truth about her father.

All Bèlle know that her father is far away from here and he can’t coming back home. Peter has sent me couple of messaged but I don’t want to talk to him, not when everything just messed up. I don’t need another drama on my life and put another person into the drama.

I haven’t decided what I’m gonna do either with Ian demand but I hope that I could find a way. I talk to my parents about it but both of my parents want me to be fairer towards Ian because same like Jean, they don’t want me to lose my rights on Bèlle.

“Good morning, Ms. Wolfs, the secretary of Ian Woods, request for a meeting and he said that it’s matter of the business not personal.”

I look at my secretary, what now?

I exhaled my breath and nodded my head.

“Yes, make the appointment around nine?” I asked her and she nodded her head.

“Oh, also is there another agenda?” I asked my secretary but she shook her head.

“No, only with Mr. Woods.”

I nodded my head heading to my office. I could see all the files that I leave yesterday and I decide to finish everything up today, so I could go to other things that need to be done. While I’m working on my files, my phones vibrate and I see a text from Jean.

-Lunch together?-

I look at the watch on my wall and decide why not for having a girl time with her.

-Ok, you decide the restaurant.-

-Great, by the way Peter wants to come?-

I exhaled my breath, I couldn’t say no, could I?

-Of course, I need to work now; I’ll talk to you later-

I put my phone back and focusing again on my files. My work got interrupted again when my secretary open my door, "Mr. Woods is here.” Said her and I nod my head.

“Please send him to our meeting room.” I told her and she nodded her head.

I arrange my files and bring my notes once I’m about to go to the meeting room. I took a really deep breath when I stood in front of the meeting room before I push the door and I meet with Ian and his secretary.

“Good morning, gentlemen. Please sit.” I said to them.

I took a sit in front of Ian, “So, what can I help you, Mr. Woods?” I asked him.

He gives his secretary some code and his secretary leaves us alone. I exhaled my breath and close my eyes.

“I hope you have made decisions towards my request on you.” He said to me and looking at me intensely.

I shook my head, “I haven’t made any decision and I hope I will soon.” I said to him.

He nodded is head, “But I’m coming here today not to talk about that. I will give you a week to think about that matter before I sent my attorney. Today, I bring a file of my new project that I want you to do the finance consultant as usual.” He gives me the file and I look at it.

I look at Ian, “The project it’s been start since three weeks ago and why now?” I asked him.

“I haven’t got any time to take it to you.” Ian said easily but I know he have another reasons.

“All right then, I will arrange someone who gonna do this.” I told him but Ian shook his head.

“No, I want YOU who gonna doing this.” He said to me but I only laughed at him.

“Is it not enough for you to blackmail me and now give me this job? I’m the CEO and I have any rights to choose who gonna handle this.” I told him but Ian raised his eyebrow.

“Don’t talk about rights on my face, Irène. I want you and you will do that because I’m your biggest investor and I want you do to this because I don’t trust anybody to handle this project unless it’s you.”

I exhaled my breath, “Ian, I can’t handle this project. I have a lot on my plate and my responsible outside this company so please.”

“No, I want you and that’s final.” Ian said again.

I nodded my head, I can’t decline what client asked and I know how hard to change Ian’s mind when he after something. I wrote some notes, and then Ian cleared his throat to catch my attention.

“Yes?” I asked him.

“About this project, I want you to come with me to the site to do your works.” He said to me.

I look at him like I’m a stupid person.

“I want you—"

“I heard what you said but why? I’m not an architect and I don’t know anything that happens on the site? I’m your finance consultant. You just are pushing your luck here, Ian.” I told him.

“It’s Mr. Woods, Ms. Wolfs. I want you to come with me to the site, however I want you to look the efficiency of the worker there, which it is would giving an impact to this project financially. You can’t say no to this, Ms. Wolfs. I know that it is only you who capable doing this job not others.”

“I can’t believe this.” I said under my breath but Ian keeps looking at me.

I took a deep breath but by the end I nodded my head, ,"Ok, but I will make sure that nothing happen on this project. It’s straight business for both of us.” I told him sternly and Ian nodded his head.

“Ok, I will send the contract for this one later this afternoon and I expect your reply soon.” I said again.

“I will wait the contract here, so you better ask your legal team to prepare the contract.”

“We can’t do that. They have their priority, Mr. Woods.” I told him frustrated.

Ian shrugged his shoulder, “Now or I cancel this project.”

“You could cancel the project and I will happily okay with it.”

“What your father gonna do when he hear this kind of things? Oh, I can’t bring your father, he is a nice person but I will use my card, I will make my attorney to send you the letter from the court…”

I gasped at what he said.

How dare him using Belle on this matter!

He knows that I will do anything to have a time to thinking and make sure everything is fine, but hell no, this guy just really threatening me and I know once again I’m a lose position.

So I stand up from my place and held my head up.

"I just want be a professional unlike you, Mr. Woods. I will make sure the contract is done today and you can go from my company.” I told him and about to leave when Ian hold my wrist.

“I’m sorry I need to use my card on you but I know that you won’t let me get in easily.”

“You are a monster and I just realize that, Ian.” I said in a cold tone and leave him at the meeting room.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Double update!
Chapter 12 for you guys!

By the way, whose excited with AFTER movie?! It will be out on April 12th and I can't wait to see Hero and Josephine! 😍🤩👏

Please don't forget to add Two Hearts & One Life into your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!

Until then,
Love ♡♡♡
M.F
Xoxoxoxoxo