7.

"I love hogsmeade day," Liz grinned, "it's my favourite day."

"Yes me too, what better way to spend your saturday," Dahlia mused.

"One could say to miss out on it would be the biggest crime out there," Cissa mocked.

"Fuck off, all of you," Maeve snapped.

"Oh we will, to Hogsmeade," Liz smiled in amusement.

"Somewhere out there a tree is tirelessly producing oxygen for all of you. I think you owe it an apology," Maeve said.

"Hey don't get pissed at us, you're the one who got a detention on Hogsmeade day, not us!" Dahlia teased.

"It's not my fucking fault," Maeve cursed, "If that stupid fucking Mcgonagall didn't hate me I wouldn't have felt the need to 'give her attitude' whatever the fuck that means. Who knew 'attitude' meant hexing someone. It's her fault."

"Sure it is," Cissa patted her on the shoulder.

"Hey guys, we could buy Maeve's birthday presents when we're in Hogsmeade," Dahlia said, "Don't you love your birthday, Maeve?"

And the fact was that no, Maeve did not love her birthday. Her friends knew that Maeve showed a pretty irrational resentment for birthdays, thinking their celebrations was childish and stupid and really did not wish to partake in anything like that. It would be her birthday on the 27th of October, a week from that day, and she was hoping that her friends would keep quiet or she'd definitely hex them.

"Dahlia I'm literally going to shove my wand up your-"

"Right, we should be going girls," Liz said to Cissa and Dahlia, "have fun at detention, Maeve."

"Yeah, don't miss us too much," Dahlia giggled.

They called a goodbye before walking away.

Pricks.

Maeve walked slowly to Mcgonagall's empty classroom where the young teacher was waiting, a few other students were also seated in the classroom but Maeve didn't take any notice of them.

"Iverson," She snapped in her thick scottish accent, "You're late. Sit. In this detention you are not to talk, move or leave. You may study, but that is it. I will keep checking in on you. Your detention ends at 1:30."

As soon as the door closed behind Mcgonagall Maeve pressed her forehead on the desk and groaned quietly. 1:30? That's five hours away.

What could someone possibly do to pass that much time just sitting still?

She took out a piece of parchment, a quill and her favourite light ink that she used for her drawing. Completely disregarding Mcgonagall's rule about just studying, she began to sketch out a design of the next tattoo she wanted to get (after the dark mark).

Wolves were her favourite animal. When she was younger she had a pet wolf from the wild that she met when it was just a cub when she was wandering the woods one night, it seemed to respect and understand her and it followed her home. From then on she had managed to train it and look after it, and in return it protected her. This was when Maeve was six, and the wolf died when the girl was thirteen of old age. The wolf was named Rosie, and Maeve loved her more than anything she had loved before.

And that's why she wanted to get a wolf tattoo.

She sketched the eyes first, dark and wise, then carried on to the main features of the face. She was so absorbed in her work that she took no notice of the people around her, so didn't see the Gryffindors that kept looking over at her.