41.

"Good-morning, sunshine."

Maeve groaned as he kissed her, weakly trying to push him off, "No, I want to sleep, go away."

"I love you too, darling," He said sarcastically stroking her blonde hair, "Come on love, I've already had a shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed. Aren't you supposed to be a morning person?"

"Normally I am," She grumbled, "But I am very tired from the past few months, and your bed is very very comfortable."

Today was the first day of the last week of making the potion, and arguably the most intense week too. This was where it really mattered, where they were so close but one wrong move could set them back ten months again.

Their first obstacle, however, was getting Maeve out of bed.

"Come on, babe, we need to get going," Remus said.

"Yes, yes, I'll get up," She said, but didn't move.

"Come on," He kissed her neck, "Let's go."

"Nope, none of those tactics are gonna work," She said, her eyes still shut determinedly, "You can't make me move."

"Oh, you sure about that?" He asked.

He placed his hands over her ribs gently and stayed there for a moment before he began tickling her furiously, making her shriek with laughter, her eyes snapping open.

"Stop!" She gasped through laughs, slapping his hands.

She rolled off the bed, taking him with her. They landed with a thud, him on top of her, their faces mere inches apart.

"Hello," He said with a grin.

"Your breath is minty," She said, before cringing, "Mine is not."

"I don't care," He said, lowering down and kissing her slowly, before pulling back up, "Now come on, go get sorted, we're leaving for Dumbledore's office in fifteen minutes."

"Make it half an hour and you've got yourself a deal," She said, "Also throw in a couple more of them kisses after I've brushed my teeth."

"Gladly," He smirked, before lifting himself off of her.

After Maeve had gotten dressed, they made their way to Dumbledore's office, Remus practically dragging her along. This was the problem when she didn't have coffee for a while, she became very lazy.

"Goodmorning, both of you, sleep well?" He asked as they entered.

"Yes, thank you," Remus gave Maeve a little look as if to say you slept too well.

They made their way into the potion room. The task of today was to cut off a lock of Maeve's hair and stir it into the potion.

Remus handed Maeve a pair of scissors he had brought along. She pulled out a small section of her hair on the bottom layer, and cut it off as close to the root as she can.

"I hope that doesn't make me look like an idiot," She said, before dropping the hair in.

3 times clockwise. 3 times-anti-clockwise. She was tense whilst she did it, not daring to breathe. After the final stir, the hair sizzled into the potion, fully dissolving. Maeve was praying that was a good sign.

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

Two successful days had past, and now Maeve was on to the fourth day, one of the hardest. She had to do a wandless spell on the fourth day. Despite this not being the first wandless spell she had cast, she was still nervous (as she had been with every part of this experience).