20.

PART TWO - SIXTH YEAR

"you're the literal human version of period cramps"

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

"Who'd have ever thought I'd like a muggle film about singing and dancing...and rain?" Maeve laughed.

"Singing in the rain is my favourite movie of all time," Remus looked down at her, a big smile on his face.

"I can see why," She grinned.

"It might be cheesy, but it just never fails to make me smile. Whenever I felt sad as a kid my mum would put it on to make me feel better," Remus admitted bashfully.

"That's adorable," Maeve looked up, and kissed him on the jaw.

He hummed a response, a faint smile still present on his lips.

"I'm tired now, all that tap dancing they did really exhausted me," Maeve laughed.

"Okay, time to get up," Remus said, shifting about on the sofa to go to stand up.

"Oh no, why do we have to move? I was so comfortable?" Maeve whined.

"The bed is even more comfortable, dear," Remus said playfully, standing up and stretching his arms that hadn't moved in a couple of hours.

"Fine," She took his hand and pulled herself up

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

Maeve opened her eyes slowly, a small smile soon spreading over her lips as she remembered where she was.

She looked up from the chest she was laying on to see Remus was also just waking up.

"Morning," She said quietly.

"Mhm," He said in a low voice, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake up.

"Are we going on a run again today?" She asked.

"Yeah, definitely, hope you're ready," He said.

"I don't think I am," She said, resting back onto his chest.

"Well we have two more days of my parents being away in France, so we gotta make the most of it," Remus said, stroking her hair, "crazy morning runs and all."

"I don't see why I can't meet your parents," Maeve said.

"The same reason I can't meet yours," Remus said.

"No, my parents would probably kill you," Maeve said, "your mum doesn't even know my family, and I'm sure your Dad doesn't care."

"My Dad would throw a fit," Remus laughed.

Maeve stayed silent.

"Mae, are you asleep?"

"No, just thinking."