Aria

Aria

"Aria! Your father's here!" My teacher called as I rolled my eyes.
"Step father... have a nice night Ms. Welmington!" I called as I walked over to the obviously drunk man.
"You've got work tonight young lady! You need to clean the gutter, wax the car, polish the steps, and do not sing!" He yelled at me as he went over my chores for the night as I nodded.

***

"Ari! Ari! Pst! Aria!" My best friend, Callie, hissed at my attic window.
"What?" I whispered as I climbed out.
"Wanna go to New York?" She grinned.
Callie is 10 years younger than me but she skipped a few grades. She's 6 years old with dark brown hair and light blueish green eyes. She's my nextdoor neighbor who loves that color pink. We live in Southern New Hampshire, and absolutely loathe being there. Both of our fathers dissapeared when we were babies and never came back.

"You have school in the morning, and I have to finish work or else I'm dead

"You have school in the morning, and I have to finish work or else I'm dead. Also, how are we going to get there?" I scolded.
"Your shopping money! We can take a taxi or something." She explained witha lopsided grin on her small face. I sighed but gave in. I quickly packed a small bag of things and shouldered it before climbing back out the window, jumping to her roof and sliding down the gutter pipe. We took off running to the nearest bus stop before calling a cab and hopping in.
"So my other best friend told me about this really cool camp for kids who have lost there parents. She said they'd let me in, so I figured that you'd like it two!" She giggled as I raised my eyebrow in suspension but shrugged it off.

***

"Right here! Thanks sir!" Callie giggled as I handed him the money and got out.
"Wow, impressive... a hill." I rolled my eyes as as I put a book mark in my PJO book, and she pulled me along.
"Slow down a bit, you might fall!" I scolded as she tripped and fell. I laughed as I scooped her up into my arms and carried her on my back up the hill.
"Ari... start running!" Callie screamed as I went into protective mode and bolted not knowing what we were running from. "Faster!" She cried as she buried her head in my hair, before something hit me like a truck knocking me sideways. I quickly pulled her into my chest to save her from the fall before I crashed into a tree spine first.
"Aria! Get up! Come on! Hurry! It's getting closer!" She begged as my vision started to be covered by black spots, and the large thing got closer.
"ARIA!" Callie screamed as tears streaked down her cheeks. That was when my boot started to glow. I placed my hand down into my boot only to find a crystalline dagger.

I pulled it out with caution as the giant thing came barreling towards us

I pulled it out with caution as the giant thing came barreling towards us. I pushed myself up with a hard grunt only to accidentally fling the dagger at the thing's head and watch it dissapear into dust. Unless I was hallucinating, which I'm pretty sure I am, there was two people behind it gapping at us.
"Why is the world spinning so fast?" I asked as I dropped to the ground below and everything went black.