Gods Debate on How to Kill Us

Aria

Percy woke me up from my sleep on accident when he took me off Blackjack.
"I was going to let you sleep, but I guess that didn't happen." He shrugged as he gently placed my feet on the ground.
"Thank you." I smiled softly as He, Thalia and I walked into the throne room.
"Welcome heros." Artemis greeted us.
"You made it!" Grover said about to rush over to us from kneeling at Zeus's side, before he looked back to get a nod of approval from my father. Once he did he ran over and hugged us, Thalia first, then me, then Percy. "Percy! Bessie and I made it! But you have to convince them! Don't let them do it!" Grover bleeted.
"Do what?" We asked.
"Heros." Artemis started as she slid from her throne into her human size to walk over to us. "The Council has been informed of your deeds." She started as she explained what she told them and what their jobs to do were.
"I gotta say, these kids did okay." Apollo started as Hermes rushed to stop him before he said any poetry.
"Uh, yes, first class. All in favor of not disintegrating them?" He asked as a few hands and my eyebrows rasied.
"Wait a minute, these three are dangerous. It'd be much safer, while we're here, to-" Ares spoke up.
"They are worthy heros. We will not be blasting my son to bits." Poseidon growled.
"Nor my daughters." Zeus grumbled as I smiled. "They have done well." Thalia and I blushed at his compliment.
"There is a security risk with them though." Athena acknowledged as she explained and all the other Gods piped up.
"I will not have them punished!" Artemis exclaimed. "I will have them rewarded. If we deny our heroes who do us great favor, then we are no better than the titans. If this is Olympian justice, I will have none of it."
"Chill sis." Apollo smirked. "You need to lighten up."
"Don't call me sis! I will reward them." She blazed at him.
"Ok, but we have all agreed on destroying the monster." Zeus dragged as Percy's face paled.
"Bessie? You want to kill Bessie?" Percy worried.
"You named it Bessie?" Poseidon cringed.
"He's a sea creature, a really nice sea creature. You can't destroy him." Percy pleaded as Poseidon shifted uncomfortably, and explained why it would be a bad idea. Percy explained why it wrong to try to control prophecies, and Zeus considered it.
"You need to trust them." I finally spoke up.
"Trust a hero?" Zeus questioned.
"Ariannah is right, which is why I must first make a reward. My companion, Zoe Nightshade, has passed onto the stars. I need a new lieutenant. And I intend to choose one, but first father Zeus, I must speak with you privately." Artemis said as she spoke with him.
"Ari, don't." Percy whispered.
"What." I said remembering how this went.
"Look, I need to tell you something, I couldn't stand it if... I don't want you to-" He stumbled over his words.
"Percy? You look like you're going to be sick." I worried.
"I intend to have a new lieutenant, if she will except it." Artemis started. Thalia. My brain screamed.
"Ariannah, daughter of Zeus. Will you join the hunt?" She finished as I went stiff.
"Choose well my daughter." Zeus said as Rick watched my every move.
Rick you son of a! This isn't how the story goes! I screamed in my head before I took a deep breath.
"May I speak with you father, and lady Artemis? Alone please?" I asked shaking.
"Of course." Zeus said as everyone filled out. Percy was the last one to leave and he locked eyes with me before he left.
"With all due respect, lady Artemis, I can't possibly become a huntress. My life has been taken over by boys since day one..." I was about to go on.
"I know what you have been through, but if you join the hunt, no man can hurt you ever again." She pushed as I tensed.
"Also, I made a promise to my stepdad that one day I would have kids of my own, and love them how I wished I could have been loved. I don't usually go back on promises." I explained as tears ran down my face. She nodded in understanding as I continued. "Though, if I can make a suggestion..." I stopped as she nodded. "Thalia. She would be a great huntress. She's much stronger than I am, she's brave, and most importantly, she's loyal. I think she will be a great lieutenant." I persisted as she took this in and nodded. After I was dismissed I walked out to find Percy and Thalia.
"Hey, I made something for you." I said as I walked up to them.
"Were you crying?" Percy asked as I blushed trying to hide my face. He pulled my chin up and wiped away my tears before taking a step back.
"I'm ok, but Thals? Close your eyes." I instruct as she does what she's told I place the necklace I made for her a while back.
"Open." I whispered as she held up the piece of metal attached to the black rope.

" I whispered as she held up the piece of metal attached to the black rope

"It's beautiful, but I'm not apart of the Hunt." She said as she hugged me.
"Well, something might change from now and 2 minutes form now. Also they want to see you." I smiled lightly as she beamed.

About 2 minutes later Thalia, Zeus, and Artemis told everyone to come back in, and told them of Artemis's new lieutenant.
"I will never turn 16, so the prophecy goes to you, Percy." She said as she hugged him.
"I thought you weren't supposed to do that? Hug boys I mean." Percy blushed.
"I'm honoring a friend." She corrected as she gave me a tight squeeze and held me by my shoulders.
"Stay safe sis, and take care, ok?" She said as tears dripped from our eyes.
"I'll try, you too ok?" I sobbed as she nodded. We wiped our tears away as she walked over to stand by Artemis. The Gods talked about not keeping Ophiotaurus and/ or Percy alive.
They decided on keeping Percy and the cow serpent alive. Poseidon vouched for Percy, and said he and Hephaestus would build an aquarium for Ophiotaurus here on Olympus. After that Zeus was about to start the party but Artemis stopped him.
"Ariannah, you haven't been rewarded yet. What would you like?" She asked.
"I would like to see my stepmom again, I haven't been able to find her after my stepfather passed." I choked.
"Come, let's find her, you can bring someone for support if you need." She smiled as I called for Percy and Thalia.
After a while of looking we finally found her.
"Elaine?" I asked.
"Who wants to know." She huffed.
"Ariannah? You're stepdaughter?" I asked softly.
"She died the week her father died. Leave me alone." She cried.
"It's me mama, I promise. I'm not dead, I'm ok." I cried as well.
"Yeah? If that's so then what is something only we would know?" She asked.
"You taught me how to braid hair using my barbie doll's hair. You helped me to get over my fear of the dark when we had that state wide black out by singing to me and telling me I'm only afraid of being alone in the dark." I cried as she looked up to see the Iris message.
"Aria? You're alive! You're ok! My beautiful little girl! I missed you so much!" She sobbed
"I missed you to mama." I sobbed with her. I introduced her to Percy and Thalia before she told me she was living with her brother, Bill, and that I can come visit her whenever I wanted. Before we ended the call I told her I love her and I'd see her next Christmas. This year Percy asked me to go with him to his mom's for Christmas. Of course I said yes.

***

After the party we went back to camp to see an excited Nico. Uh oh.