Saying Goodbye

Aria

Artemis had taken us on her sleigh to an open field after nightfall. After we landed Artemis started to tend to Zoe's wounds.
"Have I served the well?" Zoe whispered painfully.
"Yes, the best of my attendants." Artemis choked.
"Rest. At last." Zoe whispered.
"I'm sorry we argued, we could have been sisters." Thalia cried. "It's my fault. You were right, about Luke, heros, men,- everything."
"Not all men, Percy, do you still have the sword?" She asked weakly as he put the pen in her hand. "You spoke the truth Percy Jackson, you are nothing like... like Hercules." She said softly as she gave him the pen back.
"Aria, you are compassionate about people. You care for everyone, before you try to help yourself. You have gone through much more pain than all of us combined, yet, you still care and smile. Keep smiling." She held my hand as I nodded a choked back a sob.
"Zoe-" I cried.
"Stars. I can see the stars again my lady." She breathed.
"They are beautiful tonight." Artemis soothed.
"Stars." Zoe whispered once more before she lay still unmoving. Artemis placed her hands over Zoe's mouth and whispered in ancient Greek, then blew on her hands to release her to the stars.
"Live forever in the stars." Artemis whispered softly as her display appeared in the dark sky.

***
Artemis left a while back, as Blackjack and Porkpie flew over to us.
Yo boss! You still alive? The Pegasus asked as my eyes widened.
"He talked." I whispered as Percy stared at me in his arms.
"You can hear them?" He asked as I nodded with exhaustion in my eyes.
Porkpie took Thalia on his back and Percy and I got on Blackjack.
"How are you feeling?" Percy whispered as I glanced at Thalia sleeping on Porkpie. She must be exhausted to do that, she told me a while back that she was afraid of heights.
"I'm a bit tired, but I'm fine, you?" I yawned.
"I'm ok. Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there." He soothed as I leaned sideways into his chest and fell fast asleep in his arms.

Percy's POV

I can't believe she trusts me enough to fall asleep on me. She's kinda cute when she sleeps. What am I thinking? She's one of my bestfriends! I can't think of her like that! I thought as she snuggled closer and placed her hand on my chest just as we arrive to Olympus.