Chapter 20- They and Them

You have all collectively chose A. After this point, the decision you make will change the entire course of the story. Are you sure you wish to proceed?

-Yes

-No

If no, exit now.

If Yes, continue reading, but be warned. Your choice has both consequences and benefits, as every choice does.

For now, Izuku will stay.

Enjoy Your Choice.

~~~

"We need a plan." Kirishima said, smacking his fist into the palm of his hand. The red haired rock boy had all of the sudden been filled with determination the other two hadn't expected.

Bakugo made a face that was just so... Bakugo. Disgusted but also confused. "What kind of plan, shitty hair?"

"I don't know, some sort of plan! Listen up:" He said quickly, but with some sort of 'inspired' vigor. "The group field training project is almost over. We have to return to school with in a few days and submit our projects, right? But obviously we can't turn in what actually happened."

"Of course." Shoto agreed blankly.

"So I was thinking... We get Midoriya to help us." Kirishima finished, receiving judging glances from the other two.

Bakugo huffed. "Kirishima, not to be a downer, but that sounds like a horrible-"

"Just shut up for a second and listen!" The red aired boy made a hand gesture that mimicked a mouth shutting, right in front of Bakugo's face, making the blonde glow with irritation. "We all know Midoriya used to be really smart right? And he obviously still knows his shit. So  was thinking we try and get hi to tell us what goes on inside a villains head, for our project and then just throw some BS in there about us researching it."

"Why would we focus on the project? Don't you think we have much more... serious things to worry about?" While Todoroki did think Kirishima was onto something, he was a little skeptical about his priorities.

"Well think about it! Obviously some people are getting suspicious. Uraraka, Kami, Sero, Mina and some others too. I feel like wowing them with an authentic project that looks like it took a lot of effort may be... a good idea."

"Okay, that's actual not the worst idea I've heard out of your stupid mouth. But how the fuck would we get Deku to help?" Bakugo crossed his arms, and Kirishima put a finger to his chin obviously thinking.

A voice from across the room then shouted "I'd love to help."

They turned and saw Deku listening intently to their conversion. "You all talk really loudly. And I'm not going anywhere now, so I might as well help you with this project. It might be fun going back to my schooling days."

"Wait..." Todoroki said stepping forward. "'Now'? You were planning on leaving?"

Midoriya blinked and smiled. "No Todo-Kun. No I wasn't. That was a poor word choice on my part. I'm sorry."

Part of the three wanted to believe Izuku because that was the simple answer after all. But part of them knew they couldn't. Something in his face... Didn't sit right with any of them, but they merely brushed it off.

"Anyways..." Midoriya said after a moment. "Where do we start?"

~~~

It turns out, this project was actually... a lot of fun.

The four sat chatting and laughing, mostly Izuku and Kirishima, but even Bakugo laughed a little and Todoroki cracked a few smiles.

For in this time, they all saw the Izuku Midoriya they had grown to love.