My Other Book

If you are looking for another book to read on top of my "Fox" series, I urge you to give my other book a try.

In Sheep's Clothing is not set in the same "universe" as Sly as a Fox and is a much different read than this book, but this also means there's more to offer. The rules are different and the consequences are much graver. Sly as a Fox is a light-read in comparison to this novel, but it's one hell of a read nonetheless.

It has been awarded 1st place in the Hot Chocolate Awards, 2nd place in the Ocean Blue Awards 2019, 3rd place in the Black and Gold Leaf Awards 2019, and the official Wattpad Mystery profile placed it into their "The Sixth Sense" reading list!

The judge of the BLUE ORCHID GALAXY FICTION AWARDS 2019 (where the book was awarded an honorable mention) had this to say in regards to the book: "Each paragraph carefully lingers on the beauty of the surroundings - this book has wonderful descriptions! It's not rushed with forcefully put situations like some of the Wattpad stories; it is an intricately plotted modern fantasy. The warmth of family and friends is much felt: intense, grave, and at times fluffy...A must-read for werewolf-lovers! Definitely a hidden gem under treasures of stories!"

A more detailed synopsis can be found in the Preface of the book, but the official description for it is below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" has a double meaning: don't underestimate something based on what you see, but don't overestimate it either.

Always viewed as a quiet, timid girl, Ellie has consistently been underestimated. Her naivety was something to be taken advantage of, and, eventually, it was. Haunted by her past, she would love nothing more than to feel a sense of power again.

Introduced to a smoke and mirrors shattering secret, Ellie finds that by coaxing out the power that lie dormant within her, an evil rivaling that which she has already known has risen alongside her newfound sense of strength. Repressed and hidden from her for years, she has no idea how to stop herself from being consumed by the very thing she fears. Her life spirals as she learns those she trusted most have lied to her and hidden their true selves, their pasts no more pure than the sins committed against her. As the lines between good and evil become blurred, Ellie has to grapple with what truly defines a monster when the lives of those same people are threatened, and whether that definition should now apply to her.

There are two kinds of monster in this world: Monsters of night and monsters of men. One proudly displays their prowess for the hunt, making our hair stand on end and our hearts pound simply by being in their presence. But those who claim to be human are far less conspicuous in their danger. Cleverly disguising themselves behind a fair facade, they walk among us and claim to be one of us. We only learn of their true nature after it's too late, just as they so wickedly intended. Unlike the monsters who cling to the shadows, this beast hunts under our noses and in our own neighborhoods, just out of reach. No matter how different their methods, their goals align: both predators stalking their prey in silence.

What's worse: to sense the danger as it breathes down your neck or be blindsided once it knows your guard is down?

Rated MA for violence (including sexual abuse), language, etc.