Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A/N: The picture above is of Lisa  :)

Prejudice

noun

-preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

-unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group

-typically negative prejudgment

Blithe spent the day at my house and bonded with my father over sports. Apparently, Blithe had tried out for the football and soccer teams when he was in high school, but never made the teams. Still, he loved the games and was thrilled to watch the latest sports highlights with my dad. Without my brother at home, my dad was more than happy to share sports with other than me. I only really cared about football, but other sports bored me to death, but now he had someone to talk to who understood all of his references and opinions about soccer, baseball, and even hockey.

I had to help Blithe change his bandages twice, each time the wounds looked better than the last. Shifters healed fast, but whatever was in that salve and creams the doctors used had worked miracles on him. The last set of bandages we put on were really only for protection so that nothing could knock the claw marks and hurt.

It was a little after four when Blithe finally left, well enough to at least drive himself home. He knew his father was at the mansion thanks to Tiffany keeping him updated and Blithe said that Brian was going to cover for him if his dad asked where he was all day. He had even planned for Tiffany to leave a change of clothes by the main entrance to their property so that his father couldn't smell me on him. I loathed every aspect of this, but knew it was for the best until all of the in's and out's of this Alpha coronation were finalized.

I pulled him into a careful embrace and kissed his chest through his shirt before I finally let go of him. He was more reluctant about letting me go than I was him and I couldn't blame him. To have had the night Blithe did and then be forced to go home and hear shit about from your dad as soon as you got home would make anyone be on edge. It was like Blithe was a lost little puppy and I wanted to rescue him from his abusive home, but I had no means to. He was forced to face the person who had caused so much turmoil in his life and put on his mask again.

Pulling my hair back from my face into a high ponytail, I heard the doorbell ring. I finished tying it up as I walked back to the door, thinking Blithe must have left something behind, when I saw a massive shadow behind the glass of my front door.

Cautiously, I approached as my dad called out and questioned who it was from the den. With furrowed eyebrows, I opened the door to reveal two giant Orsos standing on my front porch.

A grin stretched across my lips and I opened the door wider to invite them inside, "Mr. Gamert?! Brian?!"

Mr. Gamert stepped inside with his cub behind him and Lisa appeared behind her mate, her form previously hidden entirely by the bear, "And me!"

"What are you doing here?!" I ran into Mr. Gamert's side and his large tree-trunk arms wrapped around my back as he chuckled deeply.

My dad's voice boomed from around the corner and he appeared with a large grin, "Hey, look who it is!" My father and Mr. Gamert had become good friend since he became my teacher and they often meet up or text outside of the context of me or my school. He walked up to the bear and they patted each other's backs, my father's body dwarfed by the Orso.