Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A/N: The gif above is another image of Blithe.

Hate

verb; noun

-to dislike intensely or passionately

-to feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward

- to detest

Blithe's muscles tightened against my small frame at my words, and, with my improved hearing, I could even faintly hear his heart pounding against his rib cage. Before, I probably would have been alarmed that he tensed when I said that to him, but I now knew better than to jump to conclusions. About this at least.

He pulled back from my grasp and placed his hands gently on my hips as my hands stayed intertwined around his neck. His mouth was open just slightly in shock and suddenly, I became oblivious to everything else around us. It was just me and him, as cliche as might sound. For just a few seconds, it didn't matter to me that he was a Lupo and I was a Volpe, that his father had some serious issues with my species, or even that Kyle and Serena were going, "Awww," obnoxiously loud in the background.

It was just me and my mate and my senses suddenly felt surrounded and protected by Blithe.

Blithe's eyes finally met mine and his dark brown chocolate irises stared into mine and I swear it was just like looking into his soul. It was a very fragile moment, but when he asked, "What?" in disbelief, I felt my cheeks heat up.

Not only had I actually just said that sort of thing in practically the lobby of a jail, but I also did it in front of my friends who are the worst with this sort of thing. It was like proposing to your girlfriend in the middle of Wal-Mart: Not exactly a romantic setting. I somewhat regretted doing this here, but I also knew that now was as good a time as any when it came right down to it.

Quickly, my hands darted down to scoop Blithe's hands off of my hips and into my own hands. I looked up at him with a genuine, gentle smile, "I said, 'I'm glad you're my mate'. And I'm not just saying it just to make you happy, to please you, or even pump you up to be an Alpha in a little bit, but I'm doing it because I know it deep down in my soul that we belong together, even with all of the struggles that are ahead. I'm glad the stars paired me with-"

His lips imitated what my hands just did to his hands, as he bent down to scoop my lips up into his in a sickly sweet kiss that made me feel drunk as hell. I took it as an, "I can't believe you actually did this right now but I'm so freaking happy that you did", sort of kiss. I quickly opened my mouth and began to kiss him back as electricity buzzed and branched out through my limbs.

I was lost in him, absolutely drowning in his embrace.

That was, of course, until the doors opened behind us and scared the crap out of both of us. We had been so engrossed in each other that when that happened, we immediately jumped back from our kiss and were sobered back up into reality when we saw who it was.

There stood Monroe, looking as lovely and welcoming as ever in the doorway.

With crossed arms and a glare that would murder everyone on the eastern seaboard if looks could kill, he looked Blithe in the eye and asked with no present emotion, "Are you ready or not?" He completely refused to even so much as acknowledge my presence and I quickly wondered if Blithe even knew everything that had gone down between us yesterday, or if his father had kept him in the dark about all of it.