Don't Go (24)

My dad cut us out of the restraints while Brian still held onto Jon. My heart was racing. I held my hands up in defense.

"Hey hey listen we don't have to do this ok. Let him go and I'll let you go I promise." I said trying to reason with him.

"Now why would I believe that?" He asked.

"I swear ok just listen to me. I give you my word. Whatever you want." I said with my hand up to him.

He looked at me and yelled. "I don't have a choice!"

"Yes you do everyone has a choice. You don't have to do this. To hurt any of us." I said as I felt my eyes start to water.

He looked down and tears started to fall from his face. I glanced over at my dad, and he nodded as if I wanted him to shoot Brian while we had the chance but I shook my head before Brian looked back up at me.

"Listen ok just listen to me there is no reason to kill him ok just put the gun down."

More tears fell from his face and he looked at the gun.

"I don't have a choice I'm sorry." He said as he put  a bullet into chamber.

"Hey hey wait! Why don't you have a choice?"

He looked back up at me and said. "My dad said if I don't hurt you he'll kill me himself. He wants me to be like him."

A few tears fall from my face and my breath gets shaky.

"Listen we can get rid of your dad if you want us to or something ok you don't have to do this." I said to him. I glanced at my hand and saw it shaking terrible and my heart was still racing.

"How do I know your not lying." He said and moved the gun towards me.

"Hey don't you do a  thing to her!" My dad yelled.

"Dad it's ok." I say to him. Not taking my eyes off him.

"My dad said I had to hurt someone. He said he wouldn't kill me if I could at least kill you." He said as he started to cry more, the gun still on me.

"Listen to me. We can get you out of here. We can get you away from your dad, we can get him in jail, kill him. Whatever you want ok? I can give you money and you can leave this city, ok? Just put the gun on the ground please. No one here has to be hurt." I said pleading to him.

He lowered the gun from me and held onto it, pointing it at the ground.

"I'm sorry for it." He said.

"Sorry for what Brian?" I asked him calmly.

"Sorry for your moms death. I was forced to." He said and started to cry more.

"Hey it's ok you were made to. No one here is holding that against you. We have all made mistakes trust me ok."

"But what I did was horrible. I helped them kill your mom. I don't deserve to be here." He said and raised the gun up to his head.

"Hey Hey wait. Listen I've done bad things ok. Horrible things that I wish I could forget but I can't. You can't live in the past, you have to move forward, not backwards. I-I've killed people. A lot of them. I've hurt people, people I care about. I've done terrible things, I've hated myself for it but I'm still here. I used to live in the past but now I don't. You have to move forward or you will never make it." I said.

He looked at me and sighed. He took a couple deep breaths and lowered the gun, pointing it back to the ground. I sighed with relief.

"Ok are you alright." I asked him.

He looked down and then back up at me and his facial expression changed.

"Yea I'm just fine." He said with a sly grin and he pointed the gun at Jon and shot.

Everything went in slow motion as I yelled no and I saw Jon get shot in the stomach.

My dad shot Brian with his blasters and took ahold of him as I raced to Jon.

I kneeled on the ground to him. He was bleeding profusely and blood was already starting to come out of his mouth.

"Hey Jon I'm here."

"I'm sorry Alex." He said weakly, looking at me.

"I failed and I'm sorry." He said with his voice breaking and a tear fall. I wipe it away with my thumb as I feel tees fall down my face.

"Hey you didn't fail me ok. You never have." I said holding back a sob.

"You were like a little sister Alex." He said and showed me a week smile.

"And you were like a brother to me." I said, my voice breaking.

"I love you Alex." He said.

"I love you Jon." I said back as I saw his eyes close.

"Jon!? Jon!?" I yelled frantically and felt for a pulse.

It was faintly there.

I pulled myself together a little and sat up looking at Jon.

I stood up and took out my gun and pointed it at Dave. "Wait I-" He started but I shot him in the head and walked over towards Brain. My dad let him go and I shot him in the leg.

He fell to the ground and I got on top on him and punched his face over and over. I finally stopped and looked at his bloody face.

"Why kill me? I mean it's not going to do anything now is it?" He said laughing.

"No it won't but it will bring justice for my mom." I said and took out my knife and stabbed him over and over til I felt hands grab me and pull me off of him and hug me. I held onto the knife and didn't hug back for a moment. Then I dropped the knife and hugged who I recognized as Dean back.