Ser Jaime Lannister (28)

The next day we were all seated inside. Me, Daenerys, and Jon were at the top seated at the table with Jaime Lannister standing in front of us. Now I have never personally met Ser Jaime but for a fact know that he is Cercie's twin brother whom she loves, in a weird way, known as the king slayer for killing Daenerys's father, the mad king, and who crippled Bran.

We looked down at him and Daenerys spoke up.

"When I was a child my brother would tell me a bed time story," she began, "about the man who murdered our father, who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat, who sat down on the iron throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor." She spoke with venom tangled in her words. "He also talked about all the things we would do to that man once we took back the seven kingdoms and had him in out grasps. Your sister pledged to send her army north," said at last.

"She did." Jaime said.

"I don't see an army. I see one man with one hand. It appears you sister lied to me." Daenerys replied.

Jaime looked down at the ground and sighed before looking back at us. "She lied to me as well. She never had any intention of sending her army north. She has Euron Greyjoy's fleet and twenty-thousand fresh troops, the golden company from Essos bought and paid for. And even if we defeat the dead, she'll have more than enough to destroy the survivors."

"We?" I questioned him skeptically.

"I swore to fight for the living and I intend to keep that promise."

"Your grace I know my brother-" Tyrion begins but is cut off by Daenerys. "-Like you knew your sister."

"He came here alone, knowing full and well that he wouldn't be well received. Why would he do that if he weren't telling the truth?" Tyrion asks.

"Perhaps he trusts his little brother the defend him. Right up to the moment he slits my throat." Daenerys inquires.

"Your right we can't trust him. He attacked my father in the streets, he tried to destroy my house and my family the same as he did yours." Sansa says.

"You want me to apologize?" Jaime asks. "I won't. We were at war. Everything I did I did for my house and for my family, I'd do it all again."

"The things we do for love." Bran says shocking Jaime.

"So why have you abandoned your house and family now?" I asked Jaime.

"Because this goes beyond loyalty. This is about survival." He says.

Then Brienne stands up. "You don't know me well your grace but I know Ser Jaime. He is a man of honor. I was his captor once but when we were both taken prisoner Ser Jaime defended me and lost his hand because of it." The she turns and looks to Sansa. "Without him M'lady, you would not be alive, he armed me, armored me, and sent me to find you and bring you home because he'd sworn an oath to your mother."

Looking shocked, Sansa absorbed the words, "You vouch for him?" She asked.

"I do." Brienne responded confidently.

"You would fight beside him?"

"I would."

"I trust you with my life. If you trust him with yours we should let him stay." Sansa said, receiving a look from Jon.

"What does the warden of the north say about it?" Daenerys questioned Jon Snow.

"We need every man we can get.'' He answered.

"Very well."

"Thank you your grace." Jaime said and bowed.

Then everyone stood up and left the room. I looked at Jon Snow and nodded towards Daenerys, implying he should tell her but he looked at me like he doesn't know if he should or not, then he walks away without even speaking to Daenerys, catching her off guard.

Then we all left the room.

Hey everyone sorry this is late i was busy crying over Avengers: Endgame and the battle of Winterfell. But here is the chapter i was supposed to post Sunday and i will still post a chapter tomorrow as well.