New Friend (38)

After the agonizing hours of hair and makeup and I was finally done. I'm not gonna lie they did an amazing job. They had my hair up in a nice updo and my crown on top and I had heavy makeup on.

"Alright your grace your dress is in the bathroom." The two maids said and left me alone in my chambers.

I got up and went into the bathroom to see my dress and was amazed. It was a long dress. It was slender all the way down and fanned out at the foot and was the color of ice with ice crystals around the neckline. I also had some ice blue heels to match. Normally I hate dresses but for once I was ok with this one.

I put it on and looked at the time. I had five minutes to get to the ball room. I opened my door and ran out and to the entrance of the ballroom and waited to hear my name called.

I looked out and saw Jon and Loki standing on the platform.

"-and the queen of Asgard herself." Loki said with a smile and I walked in and stood up beside Loki and Jon.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming and please," I started and picked up a cup and raised it. "Have a wonderful time." I said and everyone cheered and began talking to each other.

I sat down on my throne with Loki sitting beside me, in disguise as Odin of course, and Jon standing by my side with Ghost 1 and Ghost 2... I don't even know any more, sitting beside Jon. Then people began to line up and present presents to me. It felt strange, but I wasn't going to say anything.

A bunch of people brought me amazing things but then this guy about my age in armor walked up to me and handed me a small box. He was breath taking. He had bright blue eyes and short golden blonde hair and a beautiful smile to go along with it.

"Happy birthday your grace." He said and I smiled and opened the box and I gasped when I saw it and looked back up at the guy. I pulled out this beautiful gold and diamond incrusted necklace with my name ingraved into it.

"Oh my god thank you so much." I said to him and he bowed. "Of course your grace." He said with a smile and started to walk away but I called him. "Wait." I said and he turned around. "What your name?" I asked and he walked back up to me.

"Jonathan Tyrellen." He said with a smile.

"It was lovely to meet you." I said.

"And you your grace." He said with a smile and walked away.

"Someone's got a crush." Jon said to me with a sly smile.

"Maybe." I admitted and he laughed.

Later we had a nice dinner with all the guests and then it was time to dance. Formally of course. I don't know what the people of Asgard would do if I started playing Panic at the Disco or something.

People were dancing with their partners, Jon was dancing with Aleyena, and I was dancing with Loki for the moment. I could get any guy here I wanted but I'm not into that really.

"Are you doing well after the whole incident?" He asked with concern.

I sighed and answered, "Yes, it wasn't easy but im doing ok now. I will always miss Jon but I have Jon Snow." I said with a sad smile.

"I'm glad your doing better Alex." Loki said and smiled and then the song changed and I started to sneak away when I heard my name called.

"Your grace?" I heard a familiar voice say and turn around. "Do you want to dance?" Jonathan said. If anyone else had asked me I would have probably turned them down and went down to my shop but Jonathan seemed nice and I knew this party would be going on for another three or four hours and I would be stuck in my shop to escape everyone and I had nothing to loose so I smiled and answered him.

"I would love to." I said with a smile and walked over to him as the music played and we danced. I smiled a real, genuine smile. A smile that I haven't shown in a longtime.

"So who did you come here with?" I asked Jonathan.

"My father and mother who are the lord and lady of house Tyrellen and my brother." He answered. So he was born into royalty.

"What about you your grace. Do you have any of your family here with you in the castle?" He asked.

"No Jonathan I don't. My dad is on Midgard." I said.

"Oh so an only child, lucky." He said with a laugh.

"Yea but having a sibling around would have been nice. I mean I have no friends my age. My best was 25." I said with a sad smile.

"Was?" He asked and looked into my eyes and I looked up. He could see the pain in my eyes. "I'm so sorry your grace I shouldn't have asked." He said getting flustered.

"No it's alright. I need to be able to talk about him." I said reassuring him and took a deep breath. This would be the first time I would talk about Jon since everything had happened.

"Jon was my best friend. Not Jon snow who's my hand and you've probably seen with me from time to time but my first hand, Jon Varygen." I said and he looked at me with interest in what I was saying.

"When I first met him I loved him. Not in a romantic way but like a brotherly way. He was always funny and sweet and just there for me and I loved him for it. And six months ago I went to help my friend, now my hand, Jon Snow defend his home on a different realm. I was helping him fight against these monsters called the White Walkers and Jon died protecting me which I will never forget." I said and he brushed the tear away with his thumb.

"Would you like to escape this ball room and go outside on the balcony your grace?" He asked sweetly.

"I would love to Jonathan." I said with a smile and we walked out into the balcony.