5- Powers

I was drunk and I was stumbled around the apartment. The music was so loud I could barely hear what was playing, Cisco had this brilliant idea to throw a huge party with all of us.

I mostly hung around Nora, with the occasional drunk conversation with Ralph or Cisco.

Cisco was throwing me off a little bit, I saw him hand Wally, Nora, and Barry a small flask filled with liquid. I didn't think much of it because I assumed it was just a different type of alcohol but you never know in this city.

I stepped on my foot and stumbled, Nora caught me as I fell.

"Come on. Have a seat." She said sitting me down at the counter and taking a seat next to me.

"Do you think they like me?" I asked. I didn't get drunk a lot but apparently I got insecure.

Nora laughed. "I'm sure they do, in no time I'm sure they'll love you."

My head tilted one way like there was a brick taped to the side of my head. I struggled to rest it back on top but eventually got there.

"You've never told me about your childhood." She said to me.

"It was nothing tragic. My parents didn't die or anything, well they did but they weren't murdered. My parents were very supportive of me, they supported me through my three years of varsity football and hockey and I was good, I was college level good."

"Did you play in college?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I played college at the University of Minnesota and went into the forensics program there."

"You're from Minnesota?" She asked me. "I've always wanted to go in the winter."

"Northern Minnesota." I said fiddling with my fingers. "And trust me. You don't. It's awful."

"It looks so beautiful though."

I laughed. "Anyway, my mom died of cancer when I was eighteen. After that, my dad got distant. Very distant. I was already moved out of the house, my sister was two years older than me so she was gone as well." I shook my head. "I haven't talked to my dad since she died but I know he loves me and I love him and that's what matters.

"You should invite him to Central City." Nora said smiling.

"You want me to invite him from Minnesota to Missouri?" I asked laughing.

She nodded. "I'm being serious, it would be fun. We could show him around, tell him what you do."

"Maybe another time. After I get settled in some more." I said agreeing with her.

"I'm going to hold you to that." She said to me.

A sudden wave of nausea came over me and I felt like I was going to throw up again, I was well aware it wasn't because of the alcohol either.

The pain in my neck ripped through my skin and pierced my nerves.

"I think I'm going to head out, I'm not feeling so good." I said standing up.

"Do you need help? I'll come with you." She suggested.

"Nora, it's fine. I'll be okay. I'll text you tomorrow." I said before heading out of the apartment.

I made it back to my apartment with ease, the alcohol had all but worn off. The nausea stayed firmly put as I stumbled dizzily to my bed.

I fell forward and smashed my face against my pillow as I fell into a deep dark sleep.

***
"Ugh." I groaned as I got out of bed.

No hangover, check. No nausea, check. No pain, check. I went to the mirror and got the best angle of my neck as I could. The swelling had gone down and there was left of any bite was two fang marks and a little redness.

I grabbed the handle of my sink and twisted it. The handle ripped off and water started spewing everywhere. The handle was stuck to my hand, I shook my hand as hard as I could but it wouldn't come undone.

I clogged the piping with a towel and tried to get the handle off so I could fix it.

"Breath Luke. Breath." I said to myself as I took deep breaths. After a few seconds of relaxing the handle came off.

I quickly removed the towel and replaced the handle. After a quick shower, fixing my hair, and putting on clothes I headed out of the bathroom. I grabbed the door handle and accidentally crushed it.

"Oops." I said.

I had gotten extremely ripped over night, I was already in pretty athletic shape but I wasn't toned like I was now. It wasn't disgusting or anything but I was hot.

My brain tingled and everything seemed to slow down for a second. Someone was coming. Two seconds later a knock sounded at the door.

How did I know that.

I was stronger, I grew crazy muscles overnight, I could sense things happening before they happened.

Then it hit. The spider must've been laced with dark matter.

My phone buzzed. "Are you home?" Nora had texted me.

I didn't reply. I knew it was her at the door.

I put my hand against the wall and wasn't surprised when I was able to stick to it. My hands and feet were both able to stick, I climbed around my walls like, well like a spider really.

I had developed spider like abilities. At this point if I shot webs out of my butt I wouldn't be surprised. I laughed at the thought.

My mind started to spin as it all started to sink in.

I was a normal human being who wanted nothing more than to get powers and become a hero. To save the city or even the world.

Now I was scared, terrified of these powers. I knew my responsibility that came with having powers and that was protecting those who couldn't protect themselves.

I was given a gift.

What was I planning on doing with them?

Then it hit me. I knew what I was going to do.

"I'm about to science the shit out of myself."