6- The Central City Spider

After hearing Nora's retreating footsteps from my apartment I headed out.

Barry, Nora, and I weren't supposed to bother me today so I shouldn't have any problem using the office as a lab.

I gathered all the gear I needed from the local hardware store and made my way towards the precinct.

I remember there was a super hero who I actually thought was pretty cool back when I used to read comic books. He was bitten by a radioactive spider and got the same spider like abilities that I did.

He was a science geek and he created web shooters with the tensile strength that wouldn't rip if it was pulling a plane.

His name was Spider-man and I intended to do the same.

I pulled the office door close and locked as to make sure no one else would could enter.

Then I started.

I began mixing chemicals that would create the compounds needed to make the webbing. While that was happening I was designing my suit because every super hero needs a suit right.

It was pretty basic, black long sleeve shirt, with black pants, black shoes, black ski mask with sunglasses on underneath.

It was only a starting suit. I hoped to upgrade both when I got more into the swing of things.

No pun intended.

The web shooters worked perfectly. . .on the tenth try. They started on fire the first nine times and it wasn't as funny as it sounds.

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered it without looking at the caller Id

"Where ya been?" Nora's voice rang through the phone.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to play it off.

"You weren't home this morning." She said sternly. Clearly rattled that I was lying.

"I remembered something about the meta tech that I figured was useful information for the report so I went to the precinct." I said to her.

"Thank you, for being honest with me."

"So what's up?" I asked her as I held the phone between my ear and my shoulder. I snapped the two wrist watches that I had turned into web shooters around my wrists, they were simply and had a mechanized padding against my palm that my fingers would press.

I tested it out.

"Thwip!" Was the noise the webs made as they shot out.

I put my hand back against the table and caught my finger on a razor.

"Ouch." I said.

"You okay?" Nora asked concerned. She was always worried, it wasn't a problem that's just who she was.

"Yeah, I'm good. You were saying?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to do something later?" She questioned.

I took a breath.

"I'm still not feeling to great. Maybe another night?"

I heard her sigh, she was upset. "Yeah sounds good. See ya." Then she hung up the phone.

I felt bad but I needed to train and make sure everything was functioning alright.

I was just missing one little thing.

Good thing it was Sunday and not a lot of officers were working.

I snuck into the police equipment room and snagged a police radio.