11- Date Night

I put on a pair of blue jeans and a black button up dress shirt. I looked myself up and down in the mirror and kept telling myself I was ready for this.

It was much easier doing this when I was playing my counterpart, but why? I was the same person. Well not really, I mean I hid my face but she also knew it was me so I guess it didn't really change things.

Wow I'm a mess.

Just be yourself, Luke. All you have to do is be yourself.

I took a deep breath before I grabbed my keys and the rose I got her and headed out.

I knocked on the door to Barry's apartment and waited.

And waited.

I knocked again.

"Come in!" I heard Nora yell from inside.

I grabbed the door handle and walked in.

I wandered into the apartment, I've been here so much since I got here this was basically another home.

Footsteps echoed above me from the upstairs room.

"I'll be right down. Barry and Iris are still at S.T.A.R Labs." Nora said from above me.

Hearing that made me upset, I wanted to get back into the field so badly, to help protect the city with one of my best friends. I also knew my limits, and I wasn't going to risk Barry's life knowing that I wasn't at my full potential.

I kinda paced the apartment, looking at all their pictures and decorations they had around the house.

They had a beautiful family, at least Barry once had a beautiful family.

After waking up from anesthesia Barry told me everything that had happened since he became the Flash and I felt for the bad things that had happened to him over the years. So much loss.

"You ready?" Nora asked causing me to jump.

"You scared me, I didn't even hear you." I said laughing.

"I'm sorry." She said to me.

"For scaring me or for taking forever to get ready?" I asked.

"Both." She smiled.

"Oh and this is for you." I said handing her the rose I had gotten for her.

"Wow, a rose, you really are one of a kind." She said smelling the rose.

"You look gorgeous by the way." I said looking her up and down.

She blushed. "You're not so bad yourself."

I held out my hand. "Are you ready?"

She took it. "After you Spidey."

***
"So, when do you have to head back to Star City?" She asked me as she took a bite of her chicken Alfredo.

"I don't, I'll stick around as long as you're here." I said to her.

She smiled.

"So when are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"What happened to your speed?" I asked her.

She dabbed at her lips, I could tell it was a tough subject.

"I don't know, I was a speedster like Barry. I was a hero in Midway City and one morning I just woke up and it was gone. So I moved here, to find a way to get it back." She said sadly.

I grabbed her hand.

"It comes back in spurts at random times but only for seconds." She said as a tear fell from her eye.

"Like that day in the alley, with Clayton."

She nodded.

"Look at me." I said squeezing her hand.

She looked up at me.

"You and I, we're going to get your speed back. Whatever it takes."

"You're so amazing." She said squeezing my hand.

"I try." I said sitting back against my chair.

"So you ever going to invite your father or your sister to town?" She asked me.

"They'll be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas." I said to her.

"Good, I can't wait to meet them." She said excitedly.

I paid the check and we headed out.

The short, black, skin tight dress she was wearing looked amazing on Nora as we walked down the street.

I was in love with her and she was in love with me.

"I have a confession to make." I said to her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You're kind of like my first girlfriend." I said grimacing at how stupid that was.

I was twenty four year old and had never had a girlfriend. I'm a loser.

Her mouth dropped. "What? How? Look at you, you're smart, you were a star athlete, you're hot, you're funny."

"I never had time." I said to her. "Or maybe I wasn't ready."

She nodded. "Understandable but now you're a superhero and you think you have time." She said laughing.

"I'm making time." I said smiling at her.

We got on the elevator and she pressed the button to my floor.

I went to press the button for hers but she pushed my hand back down to my side.

"If you don't mind. I think I'd like to stay." She said as we got off the elevator.

"Absolutely, I can sleep on the couch." I said as I unlocked the door.

She locked the door behind us.

"You're so oblivious Luke." She said backing me up against the counter. "You're sleeping with me."

Her lips crashed into mine in a passion I had never felt before. Her fingers found the back of my hair as she guided me towards the bedroom.

Her fingers began fumbling at the buttons as she took my shirt off.

"Jeez, the Lizard really got you good." She said tracing her fingers over my scars.

"Shut up and kiss me." I said as I pulled her dress over her head.

She spun me around and threw me backwards onto the bed.

"In our line of work anything can happen and after what happened last night I need to tell you this but I love you Luke." She said as she sat on top of me.

I was caught off guard for a moment. I had fallen for her months ago so it didn't feel at all early to me but she was right anything could happen at any point.

I pulled her down so she was inches from me.

"I love you too, Nora."