27- Legacy

Days Later....

Barry and Iris walked into the cortex holding hands with each other. Where us, the rest of team, was waiting. Including Sherloque, Joe, and Cecile.

Everyone said their condolences and the family shared a hug amongst each other.

"We have to believe that we'll see her again." Joe said keeping his hopes high.

Barry shook his head. "Nora... made sure that we didn't lose everything that night."

"She saved every meta in the city." Ralph spoke.

"She gave Grace a new future." Caitlin said.

"Gave all of us, right?" Sherloque spoke up. "Especially me, without Nora I never would've met the love of my life. Renee."

"And you wouldn't have stopped your 38th Cicada." Cisco said. "Or your 39th."

Sherloque said his goodbyes and wished us luck before opening a breach and exiting the cortex.

Phones buzzed from Cecile and Joe.

"It's Singh. He wants us to meet him at CCPD, and to bring Barry."

Barry looked confused but Iris sent him on his way after saying she wanted to be alone.

Cisco and Caitlin nodded to me and Ralph and the four of us left Iris alone in the cortex.

***
As Barry and Iris sat in the time vault reminiscing, and looking through Nora's journal something happened.

Some sort of computer chip slipped out.

Together the two raced to the podium which held Gideon.

"Wait." Iris said.

"Lukas." Barry said before leaving in a flash and returning just as fast with an extra body.

Lukas hurled over. "I hate that so much. Now I understand what Diggle meant."

"You know Diggle?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, where'd you think I was during my absence?"

"Back home?" Iris asked.

"Yeah, back home in Star City. I was working with Oliver." I said. "So why'd you bring me?"

"Huh." Barry raised his eyebrows and pressed his thumb as the drive sunk into the podium and a screen flashed across the top revealing Nora.

"Hi, mom and dad, and I'm guessing Lukas is there too. If you're watching this, it means that something went wrong but I don't want you guys to be sad. I'm not. I always wanted to be a hero, to use my abilities to help people. That's why I came here. To meet my family. Stop Cicada, fix the flash's legacy."

Barry put his arms around Iris and I.

"And save him from disappearing in the future. I believed I could do the impossible but I never imagined it would turn out like this. Full of love, and heartbreak. I'm glad it did. I wouldn't change anything about my time with you, Lukas, or my sweet parents, the most important people in the world. I wish I could be there to celebrate every new chapter."

A tear fell from my face slowly.

"To witness every success. Just know, that no matter where I go in my life. You'll always be by my side. Because of you, I know I will never be alone and I will feel your love and support like a warm hug. Comforting me. Wishing me to be the best person I can be. Thank you for everything. For making me a hero and for loving me even though I wasn't perfect. Please remember that I love you both. And I always will. No matter what the future brings."